PDA

View Full Version : New guy, no bike & no experience (not counting 50cc) (russiansteel)

russiansteel
25th December 2013, 11:22
but gotta start somewhere, right?
got learners in the last spring, but have been rather slack (plus need to get rid of a couple of cars to make room for a bike in the garage) so i will be looking for something to ride over the next few months.
question: from my experience, you can pick up cars a bit cheaper in the winter time, is it the same with the bikes?
cheers

caseye
25th December 2013, 12:05
Welcome to KB, land of the perpetually confused.
Yes it is the same for bikes, cheaper to buy em over winter.
But, don't stop looking as you never know what is there if you don't at least watch.

russiansteel
25th December 2013, 12:14
:yes: yep i've been browsing trademe as you do but realistically i cannot afford to buy one til at least one of my three cars are gone (was four only a couple of months ago), both moneywise and spacewise.
i'm thinking vl250 and stuff like that at the moment, but i guess i'll have to go and test ride a few this summer.

tigertim20
25th December 2013, 17:20
usually cheaper in the winter, but come summer you usually have much more choice.

Bargains are available year round, you just need to have cash ready, and be ready to pull the trigger on one quickly