PDA

View Full Version : How to programme new HISS key for Honda CBR?

crackerkwaka
29th December 2013, 12:39
Hi,

I have recently purchased a spare key for my 2001 CBR 600 F4i as I only have 1 - and don't want to fork out for a new CPU if I lose it!

My new key has a blank chip installed, and has ben pre-cut to fit my ignition.

But how do I programme the chip so it works with the HISS? Its the wire connector in particular that I am puzzled about - the one that goes from the battery to the ECU. The rest of the instructions seem pretty straight forward.

Is this wire-connector something I can make myself, or is it best to go to a dealer for them to programme for me?

Any help is appreciated cheers!

hayd3n
29th December 2013, 12:59
try a honda specific forum :)

spanner spinner
29th December 2013, 19:45
Hi,

Is this wire-connector something I can make myself, or is it best to go to a dealer for them to programme for me?

Any help is appreciated cheers!

the connection loom has resistor diode voltage shunt built into it to stop battery voltage cooking your ecu, my advice would be to get your dealer to do it or to buy the proper loom. have seen the result of "she will be right I will just get some wires and connect it to the battery" it's not pretty and new ecu's aren't cheap.

crackerkwaka
7th January 2014, 16:09
After much trawling on the internet, and a bit of DIY, I have successfully programmed a new key! :niceone: