PDA

View Full Version : Paintshop in Wellington able to do tanks?

yevjenko
30th December 2013, 14:48
Howdy

Anybody know of a paint shop in Wellington that can repair and paint my (metal) tank?

Cheers

Yev

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Drew
30th December 2013, 15:08
Stokes Valley collision repairs.

Drew is the man!

Edit: It's a different Drew.

BIG DOUG
30th December 2013, 17:08
chris brattle at d-zine signs in upper hutt,its taken me years to find a painter who knows how to paint bike parts properly and he only likes painting bike stuffg.

yevjenko
6th January 2014, 06:45
Nice one. Thanks guys

Hitcher
6th January 2014, 16:49
Two goldfish in a tank. One says "I'll drive, you work the gun".

yevjenko
16th January 2014, 00:20
Hitcher... you're killing me...

Icemaestro
16th January 2014, 17:44
What did it end up costing? Had a quote for a tank here at 420 for two colours, clear coat and honda wings..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

yevjenko
17th January 2014, 18:55
I haven't been yet. Where was that?

Icemaestro
17th January 2014, 18:55
impact motorcycles in henderson, auckland

AllanB
17th January 2014, 19:38
Bike web sites crack me up. There is nothing special about painting a bike - the paint is the same as they use on cars, prep work is just as important. There is not 'special' bike paint! As with any painter/shop the finish quality is up to the person(s) doing the work.

A guy I know owns a panel shop - he says the main difference between car and bike paint is the owners - the bike guys expect the highest quality work for the lowest possible price, done the next day, then they bitch when you quote for a top-quality job and tell them it will be a week.........

Icemaestro
17th January 2014, 19:46
My only thought is that your average car panelbeater wouldn't generally have to do decals or split colours? I could be wrong though :-) I'm more on the cheap side, plain colours, can't be that hard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Grubber
17th January 2014, 21:06
A decent car painter will do a decent job on a bike. Price will be what the job is worth. $500 to do a faring panel is not unheard of and quite close to real cost. Pay the bucks you will get a good job.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

AllanB
18th January 2014, 13:16
Crazefox on KB has a good rep for painting - prices appear very good - maybe pop him a line?

Mooch
18th January 2014, 20:04
Can vouch for Crazefox. He touched up the wife's bike which was on of those difficult to match pearl jobs and he's painted my race car. Good prices and high standard of work :niceone: