PDA

View Full Version : Michelin Pilot Power

SMOKEU
1st January 2014, 11:35
I need a new rear 180/55 17 tyre soon, and I saw a Michelin PP on special for $229 from Cycletreads (http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/products/199-michelin_road/1573-michelin_pilot_power_road_spor.aspx). Being a single compound tyre, do they square off quite soon? I'd usually go for a dual compound tyre, but at this price I'm very tempted.

roogazza
1st January 2014, 14:26
I thought/think they're a great tyre , used them for years and continued with them after the 2CT came out.
Wore great,good grip , no complaints.
Used them as 180s on 1200 bandits and gsxr1100s,then in 190s on the K6.
Good price, hard to beat.

EJK
1st January 2014, 14:33
Tyre squaring off fast? Then visit Akaroa more often!

Problem solved!

MD
1st January 2014, 14:48
I thought/think they're a great tyre , used them for years and continued with them after the 2CT came out.
Wore great,good grip , no complaints.
Used them as 180s on 1200 bandits and gsxr1100s,then in 190s on the K6.
Good price, hard to beat.

What he said. I'm using the single compounds rather then the 2CT and get even wear, reasonable tyre life too while still giving plenty of grip at full lean angles. PPs are probably the best value for money around at the mo. Not seen them as low as $229 though. Go for it.

nzspokes
1st January 2014, 14:55
Im looking for a track day tyre for the Hornet, these work ok for them? Ive got PR3s and the back on hot days or track days moves about a lot. Doesnt slide but gets cut up a lot. Would like a more solid feeling tyre.

roogazza
1st January 2014, 18:01
Im looking for a track day tyre for the Hornet, these work ok for them? Ive got PR3s and the back on hot days or track days moves about a lot. Doesnt slide but gets cut up a lot. Would like a more solid feeling tyre.

yeah bud, trackdays fine.

boman
1st January 2014, 20:59

I would go Pilot Power 2ct, for a track day. The confidence of the softer shoulder is great. And they wear ok too.