PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone (Smiff-ta)

Smiff-ta
4th January 2014, 09:59
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but, as I am still a newbie here goes!

Well after not riding a road bike since 2011 I have decided to invest in a toy.

I have been looking at SV1000's as I like the twin and they seem to be great value for money / all round riding.

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get side fairings for one? Prefer the full fairing look.

Cheers Guys

haydes55
4th January 2014, 11:27
Not from experience, but from stalking other threads, check out ebay. Usually they have replacement fairings etc for a lot of common bikes. The less you pay the dodgier the job, bolt holes won't line up and shitty finish etc. But if you want a more full fairing look and you don't mind spending a few hours in your shed shouting expletives and making up brackets, there's no reason why you couldn't fit something like gsxr1000 fairings.

(I'm not sure if you meant buying a naked SV and putting the not naked fairings on or whether you want to put actual full fairings on an SV?)

Smiff-ta
3rd February 2014, 12:22
Well, its all done and dusted.

Got some full side fairings from Glen at Just Fairings. All fitted up and painted.

Really happy with the look.

BuzzardNZ
3rd February 2014, 12:24
Nice job, looks good :niceone:

Grizzo
3rd February 2014, 12:40
Not bad at all!

newbie2012
3rd February 2014, 19:43
Damn good job. Looks really nice. Now go and enjoy those majestic 'takas', that I've only heard good things about, in style.

nzspokes
3rd February 2014, 19:47
I had read somewhere that running full fairings on a SV made it run hot.

Does look good.

Smiff-ta
4th February 2014, 10:48
I had read somewhere that running full fairings on a SV made it run hot.

Does look good.

It sits at 86 deg which I assume is fine.

Must have gotten some kind of bug (Hamilton maybe?) as I now have a rear hugger, frame sliders, LED Inter-grated Tail light, tail tidy, flush LED front indicators and new levers fitted up.

Tail lights not that flash, not really happy with the way it works, will wait and see if it gets a WOF.

BuzzardNZ
4th February 2014, 10:52

I also heard that they made them run hot ( not sure how true that is ) but 86 sounds about right.

SMOKEU
4th February 2014, 15:48

Under what conditions? Idling in traffic on a 30°C day, or doing a gentle open road cruise on a 10°C night?

98tls
4th February 2014, 17:34
:niceone:Looks good,my old TLS sits on 84ish generally so no problem with your temp.

Smiff-ta
10th February 2014, 15:15
Under what conditions? Idling in traffic on a 30°C day, or doing a gentle open road cruise on a 10°C night?

Riding to Tauranga on thursday and home from Tauranga on sunday it sat at 86c all the way. Stopped in cambridge and let it idle for a while and it got up as high as 100c

Pretty sure the fans come on at 110c from what I have seen online, but its never gotten that hot.

Saw loads of bikes on thursday and sunday out enjoying the weather was great