PDA

View Full Version : SR250 project

richiejames
7th January 2014, 19:24
Hey, I bought a lil SR250 which is my first bike a couple weeks ago and I started cutting it up 2 nights ago, here's a few photos of it so far!

Went quite well as I didn't really know what I was doing and just went off of common sense, but it's all worked out good in the end, still a bit more to do with little things but all in all I think it's coming along nicely!

Am doing a lil bit more tomorrow like changing the front indicators, but I think i've got it (mostly) legal (aside from the lisence plate is sort of just hanging on the side...)

(bike started out red, standard SR250)

Will post up more photos of progress if anybody has any suggestions i'm all ears (as i said i'm learning as I go haha)

Tarded
9th January 2014, 19:58
Looks like a bit of fun, have you seen the greasemonkeys site?
They do all sorts of bobbers, cafe racers etc.. Yank, jap bikes etc.

I have been thinking of doing a brat bike for a cheap commuter.

http://greasemonkeys-nz.forumotion.net/

ducatilover
9th January 2014, 22:06
Put a big turbo on it and cut teh springs bro!

:woohoo: I like the seat

ktm84mxc
10th January 2014, 10:03
Looking good for a first go there's a huge cult in Japan bobbing older bikes like the SR500, FT500, GN400 etc

KIPS powervalve
11th February 2014, 16:53
Is the pipe a slip on/bolt on, or is the muffler part of a complete welded system? I am looking to go down the cafe route with one, but that pipe would have to be one of the first things to go. That and the seat/tailpiece

Yamahardman
11th February 2014, 19:35
Looks sharp man! I remember when I had one of these, it was a pretty good commuter, haha.
Withstood alot of bollocking too, lol.

carburator
11th February 2014, 19:41
Hey, I bought a lil SR250 which is my first bike a couple weeks ago and I started cutting it up 2 nights ago, here's a few photos of it so far!

Went quite well as I didn't really know what I was doing and just went off of common sense, but it's all worked out good in the end, still a bit more to do with little things but all in all I think it's coming along nicely!

Am doing a lil bit more tomorrow like changing the front indicators, but I think i've got it (mostly) legal (aside from the lisence plate is sort of just hanging on the side...)

(bike started out red, standard SR250)

Will post up more photos of progress if anybody has any suggestions i'm all ears (as i said i'm learning as I go haha)

what did you use for a rear fender?

currently dicing up a xs250..