PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

slofox
11th January 2014, 08:56
A while ago, I posted a query as to why a windows (vista) computer might freeze whilst playing games. Here's what happened, for what it's worth.

Eventually the video card died. Replaced. Freeze problem was still present despite new card. Cursed and swore at it for a couple of weeks.

Decided to put the new vid card into another machine to see how that went. No luck there, so replaced the video card in the original machine.

Lo and behold, no more freeze problem. Played the latest game for three hours at a time without mishap.

Weird. (As are all fucking windows machines...)

unstuck
11th January 2014, 09:29
Interesting......Playing games use to involve wooden swords and guns and bows and arrows made with sticks and fishing line. Or a torch at night.:2thumbsup

Akzle
11th January 2014, 10:44
BIOS config. also. get rid of vista. its five kinds of poo.

skippa1
11th January 2014, 10:48

This. Vista is rubbish

slofox
11th January 2014, 11:58
Interesting......Playing games use to involve wooden swords and guns and bows and arrows made with sticks and fishing line. Or a torch at night.:2thumbsup

Oh I still play those games as well!

This. Vista is rubbish

Tell me about it...most shit OS I have used.

Come Mar/April I intend to dump this computer anyway and replace with something else.

Gremlin
11th January 2014, 12:24
Perhaps you should buy a tablet? You seem to have more problems than most people I encounter ;)

slofox
11th January 2014, 12:26
Perhaps you should buy a tablet? You seem to have more problems than most people I encounter ;)

I bought some aspirin today. Does that count?

All my puters are old. Which could have a bearing...but I have had long periods of no problems at all over the years.

pete376403
11th January 2014, 15:52
Windows haiku:
Yesterday it worked
Today it doesn't work
Windows is like that

SMOKEU
12th January 2014, 07:52
Uninstall drivers, get rid of the traces of the old drivers with DriverSweeper, then run 3DMark or Heaven (or similar) on loop for a few hours and see if the problem comes back. Monitor GPU temperatures at the same time.