PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

awa355
17th January 2014, 04:44
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/9619308/Womans-screams-ignored-by-dozens

Woman's screams ignored by dozens

As the story says, the same bystander reaction was around 40 years ago, so it is not just a ' today's society, apathy thing ' behaviour.

If this was a child, I think 99% of us would charge in, Does the victim being a grown adult change things?

I would like to think I would get in and help the girl. What would you do?

unstuck
17th January 2014, 05:22
Last year I was walking through town at about 4 am and heard a lady screaming. About halfway along the mainstreet, there was a big dude with dredlocks giving his girlfriend a bit of a bash. I ran down and shoved the wank off her and told him to leave her alone, you could smell the whiskey smell from meters away. He decides to turn on me then, and this guy is big and full of piss and anger, I was walking backwards telling the girl to get up and fuck off, trying to talk to the lowlife boyfriend. But he wouldn't listen, just kept telling me he was gonna fuck me up. I told him it wasn't a good idea, but he wasn't listening. He ended up grabbing me by the collar, wrong move boyo. When he came to a little bit, with me slapping his face to make sure he wasn't dead, most of the fight had gone, and so had his girlfriend. But I bet she forgave him and went back for cuddles when he apologized. Yeah, I step in, been stabbed in the past for it, but couldn't face myself if I did nothing. I hate violence against women, and tend to be a little heavy handed with oicks that think it is ok.:Punk::Punk:

awa355
17th January 2014, 05:38
I have known of a passer by stepping in to help a woman in a hotel carpark, to have her turn on him for attacking ' her man'

A drunken spat / arguement in a hotel car park at night would look like what it is. A forced abduction would present differently, I would've thought.

Good on you for doing what you did for the woman anyway.

Dogboy900
17th January 2014, 11:23
I have stopped a number of times when I have seen what looked to be a dodgy situation. in a dark doorway or even a car yard after hours. Most times it was the opposite and my "you guys all alright there?" was met with giggles, but on one occasion it was the guy saying we are fine and the girl running off while I asked the guy if he was sure. Never been in the situation of someone getting dragged off or a full on bash but yes I would step in, and in most situations having someone step up and ask whats happening will defuse things a little.

HenryDorsetCase
17th January 2014, 11:31
Be careful people. A guy called Austin Hemmings was killed in Auckland (Fort Street) trying to do the decent thing.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/4442650/Good-Samaritan-murderer-gets-16-years

now, some might question the value of saving a breeding-age ginger*, but that would be churlish in my view.

*its a JOKE people... jeesh

Akzle
17th January 2014, 13:58
A drunken spat / arguement in a hotel car park at night would look like what it is. A forced abduction would present differently, I would've thought.

you wouldn't see it and by the time you realised what had happened it would be too late.

know that scene in movies where they roll up with a panel van, bag on the head gun in the ribs? hei ho.
yeah.

anyway... never been in a situation 'twould have called for it. do usually offer assistance to thems i see what needs it.

unstuck
18th January 2014, 06:45
Be careful people. A guy called Austin Hemmings was killed in Auckland (Fort Street) trying to do the decent thing.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/4442650/Good-Samaritan-murderer-gets-16-years

now, some might question the value of saving a breeding-age ginger*, but that would be churlish in my view.

*its a JOKE people... jeesh

Too true, not always a good idea stepping in. As I have said, I have been stabbed for it before, once in the leg with a broken bottle, once in the fore arm with a knife. Making a lot of noise sometimes helps. I once saw a young guy being bundled into the boot of a car and went and jumped in, one guy had a baseball bat, the other a chain, but I love a good scrap so managed to hold them off long enough for the guy to get out of the boot and do a runner. Turns out he was a mongrel mob prospect, who had ripped a dealer off. Ah well, you win some you lose some.:laugh:

SMOKEU
18th January 2014, 07:19
Too true, not always a good idea stepping in. As I have said, I have been stabbed for it before, once in the leg with a broken bottle, once in the fore arm with a knife.

Did you kill the cunts afterward?