PDA

View Full Version : driving the rimatakas in my cage last night

cowpoos
29th August 2005, 10:21
I was driving over the rimitakas in my cage last night and I caught up to two motorcycles...and they were all over the bloody show...one was riding two up...unable to ride on his side of the road around any of the corners...he ran wide around one right at the summit and they slamed on his brakes and just about swerved into me...and they procceded to high beam me,etc,etc,etc because some how it was my fault????...and i pissed me right off...licence plate 390QR...you need to learn how to ride around corners...your lines were on another planet and were going to fast for you ability...takes some lessons they will probally make your life quite a bit longer...and you shouldn't be using passing lanes on corners to make your line wider...stay on your F**K*N side of the road so people who are easily faster can pass you...next...the bloke on the trailie bike [ktm 640??]...don't hold up traffic mate...you will only frustrate people and teach cage drivers to get pissed with motorcycles...just pull over...but yeah thanks for the little bit of humor haven drags at the lights coming through the hutt road...even though you got dick by a cage...you still gave me a friendly wave...good sports-man ship...licence plate 49RQR...thumbs up!!

so people...its not alway cage drivers that are shitting drivers...and don't get me wrong I'm not a cage freak...I love my bikes more...
I would just like to see people taking care when riding...we don't need more deaths...if your un-able to ride on your side of the road...slow down...pull over if there are cars your holding up...there is no shame in that...cars do corner faster than bikes...so on a windy road like the taka,s a car will be faster...don't let your arogence tell you that bikes are always faster and use your common sence...

zadok
29th August 2005, 10:25
Don't hold up traffic mate...you will only frustrate people and teach cage drivers to get pissed with motorcycles...just pull over...
Yeah, we don't need want to get a bad public persona.

Smorg
29th August 2005, 10:45
I had an awesome ride yesterday up to warkworth through the dome valley and back down state highway 16 with 4 other bikes and i have to say that pretty much every cage driver made sure they pulled over when they could to let us past only one arsehole in a van actually tried to speed up as we passed.
But all in all it was a good ride and proved to me that some cagers actually can drive and have the decency to prove it :ride:

As for other bikes fucking it up for everyone else can't say ive experienced it..........................maybe i should have made my own thread :dodge:

sAsLEX
29th August 2005, 12:58
heads up team stay away from west auckland! driving back from the bombing range towing a mates 4x4 behind mine we witnessed around 7 incidents in half an hour where there was nearly a fatal or large injury accident!

A learner who decided to pass on the corner at the end of a big long straight was a good one, the car coming in the opposite direction tool to the verge to avoid a nasty head on. Stop signs mean nothing out that way either as two people ran them and nearly got collected by my 4x4!

madboy
29th August 2005, 13:17
I'll never understand why people don't move over more often. Doesn't matter whether you're caging or biking - surely it's just common courtesy to let a faster vehicle through? I mean, I've got a huge ego and yet I'll still let a faster cage/bike through anytime.

While I'm getting more accustomed to the takas, I'm still shit scared of the diesel slicks that I seem to all too frequently encounter up there in the wet. Call it paranoia, call me a pussy, but I freely admit I'm not good enough to play in that sandpit.

Few months back I had a WRX following me up, and there was pretty much a permanent slick right the way up (Feathers side). I was nannying it, back end slid a couple times, so I moved over, let the rex past. Not that it made much difference, since I caught traffic about three corners later and ended up following the rex, but at least by this time if I'd offed it on the slick there wouldn't be a cage two metres behind me!!

Sense of survival seems to be lacking in some people. To finish first first you must finish!!

Hitcher
29th August 2005, 14:11
The Takas were spotless yesterday. I managed two quick ascents (by my standards) and feel much better now, thank you very much!

It was lovely at the Fush. Coffee, breakfast and an MD stoppie...

scumdog
29th August 2005, 14:48
The Takas were spotless yesterday. I managed two quick ascents (by my standards) and feel much better now, thank you very much!

MD? Mucked-up Dismount? Must Dump? a new breed of bike: Moto-Ducati??

Which kind of stoppie was it??

WRT
29th August 2005, 15:02

Was the coffee and breakfast from macdonalds? If so, then maybe the MD stoppie is that emergency dismount after the motion of the bike has stirred up a giant case of the McShits . . .

Hitcher
29th August 2005, 18:43

And here's me thinking that MD the Mono-Wunderkind was a Martinborough Legend...

limbimtimwim
29th August 2005, 20:23

It was. So was the sunday before. But the sunday before: No traffic.

Fantastic.

Yesterday, it was all campervans. And a mad VW Golf.

LB
30th August 2005, 05:02
Mr Hitcher will be meaning MD of the "page 68/69 in the latest KiwiRider" fame......

F5 Dave
30th August 2005, 09:47
I was driving over the rimitakas in my cage last night and I caught up to two motorcycles...and they were all over the bloody show...one was riding two up...unable to ride on his side of the road around any of the corners...he ran wide around one right at the summit and they slamed on his brakes and just about swerved into me...and they procceded to high beam me,etc,etc,etc because some how it was my fault????...and i pissed me right off...licence plate 390QR...you need to learn how to ride around corners...your lines were on another planet and were going to fast for you ability...takes some lessons they will probally make your life quite a bit longer...and you shouldn't be using passing lanes on corners to make your line wider...stay on your F**K*N side of the road so people who are easily faster can pass you...next...the bloke on the trailie bike [ktm 640??]...
‘ear that was me & ewe wooden’t no a good line if you wer snortn’ it up yor nose. I was using 'racin' lines, that’s why I’m so fast & you got in ma way.

I was also the other bloke on the trailbike.

. . . What?!?

Brett
30th August 2005, 10:14
No matter what i am on or in, if someone is quicker, i will let them pass no worries, people need to learn to do that more. Speed seldom kills. Stupid decisions such as trying to overtake 10 cars and a truck at once, on a blind rise, on a corner etc. does.