PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand GP

iceman
16th January 2004, 19:38
Hey isn't the NZ GP on at Ruapuna this weekend , if so the info has been slack and enlightenment would be good ! :shifty:

Kickaha
16th January 2004, 20:48
Unofficial practice was today

Further practice,qualifying and one round of racing tomorrow and the rest of the racing including the GP on Sunday

iceman
17th January 2004, 13:49
Gee thanx - been there and had the go -it was great - but know fat bastard desease took hold and put me ibn the slow lane :Oi:

LB
18th January 2004, 19:25
Hi - have just flown back in to Wgtn from attending yesterday and today.

Some absolutely wonderful racing, only one accident where someone was taken to Hospital.

There should be a report on the nzmcnews.com site soon.

Kickaha
18th January 2004, 21:10
Hi - have just flown back in to Wgtn from attending yesterday and today.

Some absolutely wonderful racing, only one accident where someone was taken to Hospital.

There should be a report on the nzmcnews.com site soon.

And you didn't even come and say hello,how rude LOL

LB
19th January 2004, 05:38
And you didn't even come and say hello,how rude LOLI'm coming down for both the Sound of Thunder and Britten Memorial races, so maybe we should organise a KB get together at the track for one of those weekends?

LB
19th January 2004, 05:43
And you didn't even come and say hello,how rude LOL
Which chair were you swinging on?

LB
19th January 2004, 05:45
Gee thanx - been there and had the go -it was great - but know fat bastard desease took hold and put me ibn the slow lane :Oi:
Yours wasn't the red VTR parked over by the fence in the pits for most of both days??

LB
19th January 2004, 06:26
you can also go to mlaps.com for results - on the home page pick the race meeting you want (look for the NZ flags first, makes it easier) - I think Ruapuna's called "NZ Round 3" or something similar. This is the website for Tim Gibbe's electronic timing results - gives you lap by lap progress of the race and best times. A very good site if you can't be there.

k14
19th January 2004, 06:43
When are the sound of thunder and britten memorial races?? I dont go back down till the 17th of feb, but i guess they will have been run by then :angry:

Kickaha
19th January 2004, 09:57
Which chair were you swinging on?

#9 A slow yellow peice of shite,not my normal ride but better than nothing.

K14 Britten meeting is on the 12th - 14th March, Sound of Thunder is I think around the 22nd of Feb

k14
19th January 2004, 10:17
YAY :eek:

Will definately be at both of those.

Kickaha
19th January 2004, 16:42
If either of you need a place to stay pm me,I got a couple of spare rooms,one even has a bed in it!

LB
19th January 2004, 18:57
K14: Sound of Thunder is 28th/29th February.

Kickaha: thanks very much for the accomm offer. We've got a motel booked (opp Riccarton Mall and McDonalds/McCafe...yum!!) but thanks anyway.

I don't remember the #9 chair, I kind of know a few of the chair guys, but spent most of the time at the track spectating or helping out one of our mates a bit (#88, Craig Gollop, R6 - did really well, a 3rd, 5th, and 4th in the GP)

Let me know if you'll be at either meeting and we'll try to meet up.

LB
19th January 2004, 18:58
#9 A slow yellow peice of shite,not my normal ride but better than nothing.

What's your normal ride?

Kickaha
19th January 2004, 20:19
I was close with the date lol

Normally I would be on the #77 outfit with Kelly-Maree but as it was her mothers last event they were going to race together,unfortunately they killed it on Friday and after we did a engine change they did the gearbox in the first race Saturday.

We've raced together for two seasons but so far we haven't raced nationals together as last year we crashed at a local round and she broke her ankle.

Couple of guys I know were running 600's as well Matt did ok on his new Honda but Glens Triumph wasn't up to it.

Also really good to see Dominic beat Midge in one 125 race,as the whole family are really nice people.

Good first race in the wet with Andy beating Hayden in F3 as well,that was about all I saw.

I will be going to both of those events,probably helping Glen,pm me when it gets closer and we'll meet up

LB
20th January 2004, 04:49
Normally I would be on the #77 outfit with Kelly-Maree but as it was her mothers last event they were going to race together,unfortunately they killed it on Friday and after we did a engine change they did the gearbox in the first race Saturday.

Couple of guys I know were running 600's as well Matt did ok on his new Honda but Glens Triumph wasn't up to it.

Good first race in the wet with Andy beating Hayden in F3 as well,that was about all I saw.

I will be going to both of those events,probably helping Glen,pm me when it gets closer and we'll meet up
I remember #77, I wondered what had happened to it.

Matt's a nice bloke, spoke with him briefly. Glen's Triumph sounds great even if it's not fast, and it's nice to see one out there.

The F3 races were really good. (well, most of the racing was really!!)

Will PM you a bit before the SOT.

k14
20th January 2004, 07:53
If either of you need a place to stay pm me,I got a couple of spare rooms,one even has a bed in it!

Thanks for the offer, but i go to uni down there, so i'll be staying at my flat. You dont happen to know when a track day is by any chance either?

Dave
20th January 2004, 17:56
I was down there for the meeting, setting up and tuning my bike for Sam Smith to ride. Third overall for the meeting at his first ever trip to the track-yeah.

Kickaha
21st January 2004, 07:19
Thanks for the offer, but i go to uni down there, so i'll be staying at my flat. You dont happen to know when a track day is by any chance either?

Next track day I think is March 14th(it will be advertised),with the next club day being Feb 22nd

k14
21st January 2004, 09:48
Sweet.

Will hopefully be at teh track day :2thumbsup How many people normally go to them?