PDA

View Full Version : F2 Glue, my Nemesis – you are my Bitch now

F5 Dave
31st January 2014, 13:17
Contact adhesive, you know the drill; apply to one surface, allow 5-10 min to become tacky & press together for a strong bond.

You can just put it on wet, but it never grabs as well. Clamping isn't always practical.

But the usual cycle is glue, wait, just go do something else for a few min. Come back & notice item on bench “Oh crap, forgot about it". Apply more glue. Get impatient; - put it together a bit wet. Resolve to go back to give it a squeeze at the crucial moment. Forget.

Anyways this morning I quickly glue something while getting ready for work & tell the wife I’m planning to forget about the glue downstairs. She reaches over & winds the kitchen timer for 5 min.

BRRRRRRrrr. Sweet.

$12 later I have a timer for the garage. Annoying pattern hopefully broken for good. Thanks Wiffy.;)

James Deuce
31st January 2014, 13:42
OCD playing up mate?

SMOKEU
31st January 2014, 16:43
Don't sniff all the glue at once.

Motu
31st January 2014, 18:20
But you have to put your grips on while it's still wet...just done that with F2 tonight. Maybe I should buy special grip glue, surely it's not F2 in an expensive tube....?

Kickaha
31st January 2014, 19:02
Do you use the stuff in the spraycan? that's my new favourite for sticking stuff together

Motu
31st January 2014, 19:50
If you want good spray glue, Wurth is the stuff to use. I can't afford it, so steal the tube my wife uses to fix shoes and stuff. If I don't squeeze it in the middle, she'll never know.