PDA

View Full Version : TSS Rider Development - Review

XP@
29th August 2005, 15:48
Course Run by Andrew Templeton of www.roadsafe.co.nz
Cost (This time $70, usually $200)

Last weekend I did the TSS Rider Development course. It is split over two days. Saturday night in the classroom and Sunday a practical session.

There was a really good spread of riders on the course, some who had only been riding for a literally few days, others for years.

On Saturday night Andrew used a number of videos for the theory training followed by some really good discussions, mainly concentrating on the art of positioning and cornering. This was because it was what the class wanted to learn. The whole course was really taylored well to what all of us wanted.

On Sunday we made our way out to Trentham for the practical part of the course. We started with a simple circuit around the carpark, which gradually became more "Interesting". Andrew seemed to have eyes for everyone during the lesson, he pulled me up and showed me the error of my ways in body positioning. After a couple of laps with a bit of encouragement from the side lines I could really see what I was doing wrong. I then begun wondering why I had taken so long have some more lessons. After the swerving and cornering we went on to the old favourite maximum effort braking, I didn't think i had that much to learn in that department but, I was wrong, amazing where room for improvement could be found.
We then went for a ride up Whitemans Valley. This was really well organised, with everyone having a chance to follow Andrew.

My already bulging confidence and been improved (and knocked in to the right direction where appropriate)

All in all an awsome session. If you have the time and money I strongly recommend this course. If you don't have the money then ask for it for birthday or christmas.

gromit
13th September 2005, 12:56
Sounds great, thanks for taking the time to let us know how it went. Ill be keen in the near future if it runs again.

madboy
13th September 2005, 13:11
I did my CBTAs through Andrew and Lynne... excellent and wouldn't hesitate recommending them. Sounds like I need to avail myself of this course next time it's run. But then I'd have to listen to Andrew's surprise when he found out I was still alive and uninjured...