PDA

View Full Version : Joules = watts per second! bums per seat

Redstar
17th January 2004, 20:00
So watt? well the DSIR. advise that the efficiency of a transport mode is based on the fuel consumption per seat. so a 750 motorcycle consumes more fuel per seat than a car or a bus. so if a bus or car is full of people it is more fuel efficient than a motorcycle.and thats how they justify ignoring Motorcycles as a fuel efficient means of transport.Its true a full bus or car is more efficient.
They tell this to the Minister and he says thats why we will supress and marginalise these people science!
they miss the points that 75% of car seats and 50% of bus seats are empty.
and that a bike occupies 20% of a car and 2% of a bus by volume.
its a bum on seat Tax. by the way Paul Swain has still not replied to me letter on the Bus lane dispite a rev from Biker Barker.
I,m about to launch phase two of my approach. no more mister nice guy.
time for action.Dont fart on your seat or you may get taxed :soon:

MikeL
17th January 2004, 21:08
A joke shurely??
Efficiency = number of seats in a vehicle, regardless of how many are actually occupied?
Or is it more sinister...
Imagine, a congestion tax: toll booths imposing charges based on seat occupancy. A nice little revenue earner (but no, no, that's not why we're doing it) to which motorbikes contribute nothing.

But wait. About that pillion seat...

Yamahamaman
17th January 2004, 22:37
A joke shurely??

Do you mean Shirley or surely? :Oops:

Efficiency = number of seats in a vehicle, regardless of how many are actually occupied?

Yes, I have to wonder about that also. I know that my bike uses more fuel if I carry a pillion.

But wait. About that pillion seat...

A pack rack and luggage fixes that problem :D

SPman
18th January 2004, 12:56
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by MikeL
But wait. About that pillion seat... </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Or a single seat....good...Im always at 100% occupancy!