PDA

View Full Version : Flight of the Motorcycle Gumby -part 2

F5 Dave
29th August 2005, 16:35
Many may remember my thread from last year on the phenomenon Gumbyism upon a motorcycle.

Prime candidate parks near Plastic Box in the Hutt (XS650, plastic bag seat cover, Polstar ½ a face helmet, milk-bottle bottom glasses, no gloves, sits on the pillion seat with a demented look on his face).

But now there is a new breed of Gumbies. The two observed today in the Hutt, (supposedly the wgtn home of the bogan, but. . . ):

No. 1
Strange scooter thing with a consul at about chest height above the instruments presumably with instructions or something inside it as he keeps consulting it. Parks without sidestand, resting at precarious angle against curb & delivers stuff into shops. True gumboid expression evident.

No. 2
One of those ridiculous Chinese 1/3 size Harley clones wallowing around a roundabout then weaving in a straight line holding up traffic. I mean you can’t look anything but spastic on one of those & he did.

limbimtimwim
29th August 2005, 20:31
No. 1
Strange scooter thing with a consul at about chest height above the instruments presumably with instructions or something inside it as he keeps consulting it. Parks without sidestand, resting at precarious angle against curb & delivers stuff into shops. True gumboid expression evident.

Do you mean the Hell Pizza carts? They are trikes, and rest at strange angles. They used to have a roof on them, but I think all the riders destroyed those.

They do look like fun. Imagine coming down Boulcott street and turning left on one of those, you know, with the massive camber going the unhelpful way :-).

No. 2
One of those ridiculous Chinese 1/3 size Harley clones wallowing around a roundabout then weaving in a straight line holding up traffic. I mean you can’t look anything but spastic on one of those & he did.

I saw that guy. A truck driver might not see you down there.. Made quite a racket too.

Mental Trousers
29th August 2005, 21:27
Seen those little things around and thought they looked like a bit of a giggle, but anyone who rides them without a flashing cops light on top of their helmet is looking for a bumper in the face.

F5 Dave
30th August 2005, 09:28
No, not the Pizza carts, this was some blue scooter.

A giggle? Politicians sparing with cricket bats on an ice ring is a bit of a giggle, these things are sad but Scary on the road. :dodge:

The only place they belong is on a music video where they are taking the piss. (who was that? Can’t remember).

Damon
30th August 2005, 10:28
I cant stand those little things, to small to be safe on the road, you may aswell be in a gocart,

I went for a night ride in town a couple of weeks ago and saw about 8 of them trying to make it up Queen st, i have a loud bike but put a group of those buggers together and they make your ears bleed.

F5 Dave
1st September 2005, 09:22
ok saw the clown on the scooter on the way to work (it's silver on closer inspection) & the thing I forgot to mention is that his 1/2 a face helmet is strapped on with the clearest of thinking. :sherlock:

. . . with the strap just under his lip!

I mean apart from the fact that it’s just going to come off in an accident probably taking his nose with it. – isn’t it just uncomfortable enough like that, it might clue you up that it doesn’t go like that? Must leave a visible mark too.

vifferman
1st September 2005, 09:30
ok saw the clown on the scooter on the way to work (it's silver on closer inspection) & the thing I forgot to mention is that his 1/2 a face helmet is strapped on with the clearest of thinking. :sherlock:

. . . with the strap just under his lip!

I mean apart from the fact that it’s just going to come off in an accident probably taking his nose with it. – isn’t it just uncomfortable enough like that, it might clue you up that it doesn’t go like that? Must leave a visible mark too.
No it doesnt. Its easier to get off and on like that. I don't care what you think but i wouldnt where a helmut if I didnt haveto, so Ill where it how I want. :finger:

Smorg
1st September 2005, 09:42
No it doesnt. Its easier to get off and on like that. I don't care what you think but i wouldnt where a helmut if I didnt haveto, so Ill where it how I want. :finger:

Smartest thing ive heard all day dude :clap: :clap: :clap:

F5 Dave
1st September 2005, 09:45
oh, you again [yawn]