PDA

View Full Version : Sad News - BSB/AMA racer Tommy Aquino - RIP

Metastable
3rd February 2014, 16:39
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/american-road-racer-tommy-aquino-killed-in-crash-at-motocross-track/

Holly $#!T that one hit home a bit. He was my instructor at my last day of the Yamaha Champions School at Miller. Just Tommy another student and I ripping around the track all day long. Geez man.... I am having a hard time getting that one around my brain. Young kid, super nice guy.

My ultimate riding moment was nearing the end of the 3rd day at the school. They always made us get to the start finish and stop, think about what you want to practice and go for it. Just as I arrived at the start finish, Tommy takes off ... then I go....and I thought he knew I was chasing him, but he didn't. He started hauling ass, pulling away little by little. I used him as a rabbit and have never gone around the track so fast before. Never before and never since have I ridden so fast.... I was in the zone... it just happened.... it was awesome. It is a sensation I whish I could share with other folks that ride, but I can't.

Tommy, I'll never forget chasing you around Miller!

Godspeed Kid!