PDA

View Full Version : Recommended car mech in Christchurch?

EJK
5th February 2014, 17:53
Hey KBers in Christchurch,

Any GC or a spanner monkey who would like my money to do a decent job on cleaning headlights and replacing two rear tyres for WOF?

Or any recommendations who can do the job?

Cheers,

EJK

DMNTD
5th February 2014, 18:01
Cleaning headlights? Gone yellow? Toothpaste works....true story

EJK
5th February 2014, 18:03
Cleaning headlights? Gone yellow? Toothpaste works....true story

OK that'll save me $$$.

Next!

Two tyres + fitting + WOF.

SMOKEU
5th February 2014, 18:17
Go and see John Forster behind Z Cashmere for your WOF. He's never failed any cars of mine, and is a straight up guy who won't fuck you around. Don't go to On the Go, they're a bunch of muppets who will fail you for shit that isn't even applicable to your vehicle according to the VIRM.

Laava
5th February 2014, 18:47
Go and see John Forster behind Z Cashmere for your WOF. He's never failed any cars of mine, and is a straight up guy who won't fuck you around. Don't go to On the Go, they're a bunch of muppets who will fail you for shit that isn't even applicable to your vehicle according to the VIRM.

So if your tyres are fucked he will give you a wof anyhow? Doesn,t sound that straight up to me?

SMOKEU
5th February 2014, 18:56
So if your tyres are fucked he will give you a wof anyhow? Doesn,t sound that straight up to me?

I never said he does dodgy WOFs; but based on my experience, he won't fail a vehicle for trivial things that don't actually apply to that vehicle, like the fuckwits at On the Go. Those muppets have failed me for quite a few things over the years that they clearly shouldn't have according to the latest VIRM, like failing me for no windscreen washer, even though the vehicle was manufactured and first registered long before vehicles were required to have a windscreen washer fitted in accordance to the applicable VIRM at the time. If the vehicle does fail, they'll show extremely poor customer service by neglecting to even allow the customer to talk to the inspector that failed the vehicle, and then I'm left asking the receptionist WTF is going on and under what grounds the vehicle was failed on (and they obviously don't have a fucking clue about the VIRM). I've met many more fuckwit WOF inspectors over the years than good ones. Now I know some of the good ones in Christchurch, so I go to them and don't have all these issues.

Tazz
5th February 2014, 19:32
I was searching for trailer tyres while in the Chur yesterday and was recommended to go to Roadrubber Tyres by another tyre place (Firestone on Blenheim Road which I've used before years ago and have no complaints.) I used to live around the corner from Flags Tyres on Garlands road and used them a few times, was happy enough. The Brewery is close to there so it could be a good bet to rock down for a feed while you wait :D

Kickaha
5th February 2014, 19:45
and was recommended to go to Roadrubber Tyres
Very old school place and what a fucking mess

EJK
5th February 2014, 20:20
Very old school place and what a fucking mess

Come on, recommend me a place? Got a mate who wants a business from me?

Kickaha
5th February 2014, 20:23
Come on, recommend me a place? Got a mate who wants a business from me?

Nothing wrong with Roadrubber although not as tidy as I would want my own business to be, any of the Bridgestone B Select can do both the tyres and WOF

What area is most convenient for you?

EJK
5th February 2014, 20:28
Nothing wrong with Roadrubber although not as tidy as I would want my own business to be, any of the Bridgestone B Select can do both the tyres and WOF

What area is most convenient for you?

I can travel as long as not too far away i.e. Rangiora/ Kaiapoi/ Amberley/ Ashburton.

SMOKEU
5th February 2014, 20:35
What car is it? Something ordinary and boring that any tyre shop can sort you out with, or something a little bit special?

EJK
5th February 2014, 21:15
What car is it? Something ordinary and boring that any tyre shop can sort you out with, or something a little bit special?

Nothing special. Just a blue box rolling on wheels with a Nissan badge.

SMOKEU
5th February 2014, 21:37
Nothing special. Just a blue box rolling on wheels with a Nissan badge.

It's got too many fucking wheels man!