PDA

View Full Version : Cop used discretion

FLUB
6th February 2014, 19:00
Got pulled this afternoon doing 117kph near Whakamaru. I was polite and friendly to the cop and he just told me to be careful and let me go. He said it was a pleasant change not to be getting verbal abuse. Good to see there are still cops out there that know how to excercise discretion.

The wife was riding pillion and she gave me plenty of shit though :-)

skippa1
6th February 2014, 19:01
Got pulled this afternoon doing 117kph near Whakamaru. I was polite and friendly to the cop and he just told me to be careful and let me go. He said it was a pleasant change not to be getting verbal abuse. Good to see there are still cops out there that know how to excercise discretion.

Get rid of the wife

caspernz
6th February 2014, 19:02
Western side of the lake has a bigger tolerance...didn't you know?

Yamahardman
6th February 2014, 19:08
many a rozzer out today! saw heaps of them on the motorway leaving auckland this morning (picked up my new beast) on my way home to rotorua! saw like 4 pulling over one car, lol

Grashopper
6th February 2014, 20:22

Nice to hear a good cop story for a change. Can't believe that they get that much abuse for doing their jobs though. :no: I always like to think not all people are asshats, or not even the majority, on both "sides"...

SMOKEU
6th February 2014, 20:33
Should've just done a runner.

skinman
6th February 2014, 20:45

Mate, you must be dead......cause they keep telling us speed kills

last one I got was 115 on southern Mway:facepalm:
bugger all traffic as well cause it was sunday morning. taxed

FLUB
6th February 2014, 20:52
I must admit that I was surprised. All my previous tickets have been for lower speeds. I have a Fat Bikers MC sticker on the back. Maybe he's a closet fattie?

_Shrek_
6th February 2014, 20:52

aye there are a those out there.....our last trip north I got the headlight flick with finger pointing down 4 times between Kaikoura & the forgotten HW on 4 different days :facepalm: ...... so thanks to the :Police: for their discretion

FLUB
6th February 2014, 20:55
Western side of the lake has a bigger tolerance...didn't you know?

You mean there's an Eastern side? :-)

oldrider
6th February 2014, 21:29
aye there are a those out there.....our last trip north I got the headlight flick with finger pointing down 4 times between Kaikoura & the forgotten HW on 4 different days :facepalm: ...... so thanks to the :Police: for their discretion

Really Shrek 4 times :eek: ... you are obviously a slow learner! :spanking: Next time expect the finger thus :motu::killingme

BoristheBiter
7th February 2014, 07:10
Really Shrek 4 times :eek: ... you are obviously a slow learner! :spanking: Next time expect the finger thus :motu::killingme

Maybe they have learnt the KB wave.

oldrider
7th February 2014, 07:40
Maybe they have learnt the KB wave.

There was a big group came through Black Forest yesterday, nearly all of them waved ... and we were walking! :blip: Must have been KBr's then! :ride:

BigAl
7th February 2014, 08:03
Must have got his quota,,,, oops I mean *interactions*

TheDemonLord
7th February 2014, 10:57
"Police are conducting a Massive internal review after it was found that an officer had pulled over a speeding Death Machine without issuing a Tax notice.

Chief of Police had this statement:

'It is imperitive that all of these speeders get ticketed, afterall - it will only cost the Tax Payer more if we stop ticketing people as we will have nothing to prop up our Budgets.'

Also in the Statement, when addressing about whether the police should in fact focus on other crimes that have a measurable impact on society, the Chief of Police had this to say:

'Although other crimes impact the community more, unless we can find a way to implement on the spot fines for offences such as Burglary, Assault and other similar offences, then there isn't any gain to the NZ police to be had in focussing in these areas. We have requested that Parliment allow us to implement such measures, but these are still in discussion'

Meanwhile, calls for a review into The police public image in NZ and the success rate in crimes such as Theft and Vandalism have been dismissed by the Police Chief:

'We feel it is important for the Community to address all issues, but one officer not contributing to the Police budget is far more important than solving real crime with real victims'

Video at 11"

Dobbin
7th February 2014, 12:14
Good on you FLUB. It always makes sense to be polite to the police. They're human beings too.

oldrider
7th February 2014, 13:28
"Police are conducting a Massive internal review after it was found that an officer had pulled over a speeding Death Machine without issuing a Tax notice.

Chief of Police had this statement:

'It is imperitive that all of these speeders get ticketed, afterall - it will only cost the Tax Payer more if we stop ticketing people as we will have nothing to prop up our Budgets.'

Also in the Statement, when addressing about whether the police should in fact focus on other crimes that have a measurable impact on society, the Chief of Police had this to say:

'Although other crimes impact the community more, unless we can find a way to implement on the spot fines for offences such as Burglary, Assault and other similar offences, then there isn't any gain to the NZ police to be had in focussing in these areas. We have requested that Parliment allow us to implement such measures, but these are still in discussion'

Meanwhile, calls for a review into The police public image in NZ and the success rate in crimes such as Theft and Vandalism have been dismissed by the Police Chief:

'We feel it is important for the Community to address all issues, but one officer not contributing to the Police budget is far more important than solving real crime with real victims'

Video at 11"

A real slow day then! . :rolleyes: . (ever thought of writing comics for a living?) :lol:

TheDemonLord
7th February 2014, 14:00
A real slow day then! . :rolleyes: . (ever thought of writing comics for a living?) :lol:

I type fast....

I can write humourus one offs, but creating an entire back story that is consistantly funny isn't something I could do.

or at least not yet