PDA

View Full Version : New member in the South Land (drift77nz)

drift77nz
10th February 2014, 20:47
HI There,

Hello from the deep south. I've just joined up to Kiwibiker alhtough I have pretty much been a Bike enthusiast for about 20 odd years. Mostly dirt up till now, lately I have come over to the "dark" side and getting more into the road bike scene. I am a Motorcycle Mechanic and I currently I am building a V8 trike and also would love to have a go at building a V8 bike.
I'm looking for a road bike at the moment, but I am a fussy bugger and have Scottish blood so usually by the time I have actually decided on buying a bike, it's been sold.:brick: Hopefully I'll find one soon.
I look forward to using the site and hopefully I can benefit from it as well as contribute to it.

Cheers Craig
aka drift77nz

russd7
11th February 2014, 18:28
HI There,

Hello from the deep south. I've just joined up to Kiwibiker alhtough I have pretty much been a Bike enthusiast for about 20 odd years. Mostly dirt up till now, lately I have come over to the "dark" side and getting more into the road bike scene. I am a Motorcycle Mechanic and I currently I am building a V8 trike and also would love to have a go at building a V8 bike.
I'm looking for a road bike at the moment, but I am a fussy bugger and have Scottish blood so usually by the time I have actually decided on buying a bike, it's been sold.:brick: Hopefully I'll find one soon.
I look forward to using the site and hopefully I can benefit from it as well as contribute to it.

Cheers Craig
aka drift77nz

welcome along dude, we ride most thrursdays from the whitehouse, lorneville, we don't care who comes ride with us. who do you work for and are you any good :bleh:

drift77nz
11th February 2014, 19:04
who do you work for

Winton Motorcycles

and are you any good :bleh:

I can hold my own. Doesn't pay to blow your own trumpet.

russd7
12th February 2014, 21:28
Winton Motorcycles

I can hold my own. Doesn't pay to blow your own trumpet.

don't ya just love it when a cocky drops his quad off dripping in cowshit:msn-wink:
humble to boot, hope to see ya out there some time soon:clap:

drift77nz
13th February 2014, 20:55
don't ya just love it when a cocky drops his quad off dripping in cowshit:msn-wink:
humble to boot, hope to see ya out there some time soon:clap:

Cowshit washes off. It is the mechanical neglegence that gets to ya.

Yeah hopefully I find a bike soon and get out on it.

drift77nz
26th March 2014, 18:30
Finally got myself a Bandit. Just need the weather to play the game now when I've got time to ride it.

newbie2012
26th March 2014, 19:27
Finally got myself a Bandit. Just need the weather to play the game now when I've got time to ride it.

Quality choice (although there may be some bias in my view), enjoy those beaut Sothern roads.

russd7
6th April 2014, 10:35
good to see you got a bike, see ya out an about sometime, im either on a ZZR1100 with a distinctive red top box or on a gold coloured goldwing (1988) with backrest and passenger armrests,
grover chasers easter run on sunday 13 april leave woodlands tavern at 12.30pm and ascot at 1.00pm, ride in to wachner place then off on a poker run, entry easter egg goes to the food bank

25 april should see the anzac ambulance ride leaves challenge lorneville at 1.00pm if my memory serves me correctly

drift77nz
21st April 2014, 18:57
good to see you got a bike, see ya out an about sometime, im either on a ZZR1100 with a distinctive red top box or on a gold coloured goldwing (1988) with backrest and passenger armrests,
grover chasers easter run on sunday 13 april leave woodlands tavern at 12.30pm and ascot at 1.00pm, ride in to wachner place then off on a poker run, entry easter egg goes to the food bank

25 april should see the anzac ambulance ride leaves challenge lorneville at 1.00pm if my memory serves me correctly

I couldn't make the Easter ride but I will try to make the Anzac ride. Is there anymore info?

russd7
21st April 2014, 19:11
I couldn't make the Easter ride but I will try to make the Anzac ride. Is there anymore info?

ambulance ride leaves challenge lorneville at 1.00pm on friday, ride to an ambulance station somewhere in southland with an afternoon tea provided.it is a poker run with half the entry for the poker run going to the ambo station we ride to and the other half going to best hand, wont be any pub stops but is for an excellent cause that we all hope we will never need, will be on rain hail or shine and the company is always good :devil2:

drift77nz
21st April 2014, 19:33
Excuse my ignorance but whats the entry?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

russd7
21st April 2014, 21:28
from memory, about 5 bucks i think and they have souvineer badges for 10 bucks, all for a good cause and always a good ride, did i mention fantastic company as well ;), come along and have a bit of fun, one of the more sedate poker runs but still fun all the same.

drift77nz
21st April 2014, 22:04
from memory, about 5 bucks i think and they have souvineer badges for 10 bucks, all for a good cause and always a good ride, did i mention fantastic company as well ;), come along and have a bit of fun, one of the more sedate poker runs but still fun all the same.

Thanks, sounds like a bit of fun and I couldn't agree more that it is for a good cause. Hopefully I am able to make it.:niceone:

unstuck
22nd April 2014, 06:23
I am building a V8 trike and also would love to have a go at building a V8 bike.

Cheers Craig
aka drift77nz

Sounds like a plan. We are building a trike at the moment, VW powered though.:crybaby:
I do have this 351 Cleveland that I fired up the other day, I think that would be a better trike motor than the dubby, but my nephew is not keen.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T3wYLzvl8QE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:Punk::Punk:

drift77nz
22nd April 2014, 10:13
Sounds like a plan. We are building a trike at the moment, VW powered though.:crybaby:
I do have this 351 Cleveland that I fired up the other day, I think that would be a better trike motor than the dubby, but my nephew is not keen.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T3wYLzvl8QE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:Punk::Punk:

The VW option is definitely a easier option and there are alot of them out there.

russd7
22nd April 2014, 19:05

V8 in the bullfrog ????? that could be interesting:crazy:

unstuck
22nd April 2014, 19:17
V8 in the bullfrog ????? that could be interesting:crazy:

Anythings possible.:msn-wink: