PDA

View Full Version : There's some nutters out there

mattian
11th February 2014, 15:26
Was heading up to Albany this morning around 8am from the city. Traffics not too bad heading North at that time of the morning so im plodding along in the fast lane probably just a tad over the speed limit, keeping pace but safe distance from car in front. Suddenly theres a dark blue racer right up my jaxxy. Hard to know what it was. Looked like a mini ford transam. SOme kind of body kit. Anyway, this is is way too close for my comfort so I want to pull into the middle lane and let him go. Theres a couple of cars there and unless I slow down which I cant really do right now, I need to wait. So, I split between the cars in front just to get out of his way. Naughty I know, splitting through moving traffic but I knew this guy wasnt going to back off. That was my first mistake I think he took this as some kind of challenge, and within a couple of minutes he's right behind me again. Just way too frikking close. I put a few more cars behind me just to get away from this looney and Im just starting to relax now when he comes flying up the far left lane, across the middle lane and pulls in right in front of me. Eventually the traffic backs up near Greville road where Im getting off and I can split past a little more safely. I turn to get a look at this guy and he's yelling something with alot of F words...lol. i yell in my loudest voice "see ya" as I go past and leave him stewing in the queue. I half expected to see this nutter filtering behind me in his car.
I want to point out at this stage that although I was in the fast lane, there is no way I held him up at any stage. When I saw him inches from my rear tyre was the first time I laid eyes on him and didnt linger in his way.
This guy was a frikking psycho. I now there's plenty of them out there but I seldom come across this kind of fuckwit. I have no doubt that if I had had been a prick back he would have taken me out. This guy was possesed.
anyways...rant over. Couldnt *555him because I didnt get his number. Plenty of people would have seen his reckless driiving though especially the way he cut across lanes just to pull in front of me.

Kendoll
11th February 2014, 16:17
That's funny, it's usually Holden drivers that I get this with... maybe this guy wants a Holden but can't afford one...

Rhys
11th February 2014, 16:20
There is always one

nodrog
11th February 2014, 16:51
That will show him.

Akzle
11th February 2014, 17:06
That's funny, it's usually Holden drivers that I get this with... maybe this guy wants a Holden but can't afford one...

oi :spanking: it's not the vehicle, it's the wheel nut. (holdens are f*cking badass)

next time remember to carry a pocket full of drywall tacks, slows cars down real fast.

FJRider
11th February 2014, 17:30
Bloody Auckland drivers .. eh ... !!! ;)

Grizzo
11th February 2014, 17:58

In my neck of the woods it's usually a pimped out Honda Odyssey rollin on chromies yo!:rolleyes:

11th February 2014, 18:00
In my neck of the woods it's usually a pimped out Honda Odyssey rollin on chromies yo!:rolleyes:

:laugh::laugh:

quickbuck
11th February 2014, 18:20
Trans-Am you say? They're made by Pontiac, not Ford.... Best way to deal with it is just to let him past and play with someone else as soon as you notice him right behind you.
Yes you can out accelerate him, but this makes their tiny minds envious.....

Sent from my Nokia using Tapa talk.

Katman
11th February 2014, 18:30
This guy was a frikking psycho.

Which one - him or you?

Sounds like we're only getting half the story.

Swoop
11th February 2014, 19:43
...so im plodding along in the fast lane...

The left hand lane was broken?

haydes55
11th February 2014, 19:50
Guy tail gates me, so I challenge his ego by speeding up and getting ahead, then letting him catch up.

What you saw in your head is different to the situation he perceived in his head. He was driving normally (yeah tail gating is required for passing your Kellogg's license test) and this biker tried to race him through traffic.

If you want to challenge a car, then embarrass the fuck out of him by being no way near him. Cars will always tailgate. You are squishy.

unstuck
11th February 2014, 20:59
There's some nutters out there.

You called. :devil2::niceone:

mattian
11th February 2014, 21:48
Which one - him or you?

Sounds like we're only getting half the story. Of course youre only getting my side of the story. Im the one who posted it. I admit my riding is not without fault. But, all I did was try to remove myself from the situation. Splitting past cars in the fast lane stupid I admit that, but apart from stopping on the safety shoulder of the motorway I didnt see many other options. Just wanted to put some space between me and him.

Katman
12th February 2014, 07:10
Of course youre only getting my side of the story. Im the one who posted it. I admit my riding is not without fault. But, all I did was try to remove myself from the situation. Splitting past cars in the fast lane stupid I admit that, but apart from stopping on the safety shoulder of the motorway I didnt see many other options. Just wanted to put some space between me and him.

Sorry, I don't buy the "I couldn't move over into the left lane" story.

Sounds like your ego found you wanting.

Banditbandit
12th February 2014, 07:59

I must be old - I have only a vague idea of what that means ... I get the Honda Odyssey .. the rest who the fuck knows??

haydes55
12th February 2014, 10:22
I must be old - I have only a vague idea of what that means ... I get the Honda Odyssey .. the rest who the fuck knows??

What he meant to say was "south Auckland".

If you've ever driven through Otara or the likes, you will wonder how our road toll is so low. I wonder how they can stretch the benefit money between fines, gas and booze. Inspirational financial planning.

Kendoll
12th February 2014, 11:01

Bahahaha! I stand corrected... :banana: Holdens are probably more fun to have battles with though, right? I mean, hypothetically speaking of course :innocent:

Kendoll
12th February 2014, 11:04
(holdens are f*cking badass)

Agreed... especially those Maloo utes. Ohh yeah ;) Doesn't mean people don't drive them like 'tards though. In all fairness, it's hard to drive them slow sot hat probably explains it!

Banditbandit
12th February 2014, 11:12
What he meant to say was "south Auckland".

If you've ever driven through Otara or the likes, you will wonder how our road toll is so low. I wonder how they can stretch the benefit money between fines, gas and booze. Inspirational financial planning.

OK - my staff, who are younger than me - tell me "a pimped out Honda Odyssey rollin' on chromies" is a Honda Odyssey with ALL the options and extras and with chromed mag wheels ...

YUCK !!!!

oldrider
12th February 2014, 15:16
OK - my staff, who are younger than me - tell me "a pimped out Honda Odyssey rollin' on chromies" is a Honda Odyssey with ALL the options and extras and with chromed mag wheels ...

YUCK !!!!

I knew all that! ... Yeah right! :confused: