PDA

View Full Version : Noob gets shown the real deal

FzerozeroT
29th August 2005, 21:16
You know how it is, you think you've ridden some out of control bikes. Well I just had a go on a mates RM250 (with some fruity bits) on sunday and F*** me!

A GSXR or busa is fast, but controllable once you have ridden other high powered bikes, but they also have a bit of weight (which i love to slag about them) but this RM is the most balls to the wall thing I have EVER ridden, even compared to a CR250 and a CRF450 that was there. I've ridden a few RM250's before too at work, but this thing is pushing 50+hp at 105kg wet and it pushes HARD!

Apparantly this guy thought that when he got told "kermit goes hard" he thought it meant relatively, ten minutes later when I was wheelieing across a lumpy paddock in 3rd and using the old leg 'wheelie bar' he was in tears thinking about how he was going to fix it.

I don't care how you do it but make sure you have a go on one of these beasties before 2 strokes are banned!

clint640
30th August 2005, 09:57
If you think that's fun you should try one of the last of the CR or KX500's, similar weight & 20 more hp. Crazy assed shit, makes a KTM 950 seem like a sensible nana's bike.

Cheers
Clint

Motu
30th August 2005, 14:32
Not that I've done it in the last few years - but riding a serious 2 stroke MX bike is an insane experiance,like 1000cc 4cyls,there are very few people who can actualy go the whole way with one,most people just go...oh shit! Had a ''wheelie king'' show up at the track one day,he could ride everywhere on the back wheel of his TT500.We put him on a Husky 250 and he pulled it into a wheelstand! He had to look up to see where it went,what a dork.

I am blown away by my nice tame ''girls bike'' DT230.I went from a 750cc V twin(sniff) to a 225cc 2 stroke,and have the same power to weight ratio,the DT230 would run rings around the XLV750 anytime,anywhere...up to 140kph anyway.Mr Skid and I run afoul of a Skyline a couple of weeks ago - dunno why,but he was pissed off...maybe he had tried to pass as I zapped between give way signs,and then he did a dangerous pass on me.At the next intersection (rural) after we pull into the road,he stops,then lights the turbo into a burnout with two big black marks,then blasts off down the road - I stayed with him easily on a little 225 to 150kph when he nearly lost it under braking for the corner.Such huge performance for a small motor - and it's detuned for street use!

XTC
30th August 2005, 15:04
My 97 YZ250 was fast.... but wore me out too quick. Bought a 2003 YZF250 ansd was faster for longer.... Sometimes you can have too much power. Honest.

Motu
30th August 2005, 15:13
That's right - open class died in the late 70s,early 80s because it was full of 250s,they were faster because no one could ride a 500 that hard....now they go up in capacity and ride a 4 stroke because it's easier than a 2 stroke.

Brian d marge
30th August 2005, 15:19
If you think that's fun you should try one of the last of the CR or KX500's, similar weight & 20 more hp. Crazy assed shit, makes a KTM 950 seem like a sensible nana's bike.

Cheers
Clint

and the aircooled ones narrowed the power band ..just to make life interesting....I was talking to a mate the other day ,,and we were talking about the perfect bike ,,,,
Mine
RS125 frame ( newish one with big frame )
CR 500 ( either air or water ,,) water cooled ?? I like both
RS 250 suspension ( must have high speed damping adjust..may be crf suspension modded to fit )

oh and some thing that reesembles a light ..just to get a warrant ....

On a lighter note ..the weather is getting cooler here ..so can start racing again ,,,,looking at a 4 hour enduro in sept ,,,( Ill go for the 1 man again ...they need a mobile chicane ,,,,,)

Stephen