PDA

View Full Version : How many race meetings a year?

Motu
19th January 2004, 08:51
How many race meetings a year do you get to ride in,whatever you ride?

I just got my trials calender for the year,with the two groups I ride with - NZCMRR and the Northern Trials Group (NTG) - I can get in 16 events this year,all close to Auckland with one in Tauranga and one in Hamilton.I don't think I'll be able to fit in the lot,there is always some reason to knock one or two out,clashing with other things in life,but I will do as many as I can fit in.

So how often do you get to ride in organised events over the season,is it more or less than my chosen fun?We used to ride every 2 weeks,and I still could if I rode a modern trials bike,but this is just the trials I can ride my twin shock in.

Kickaha
19th January 2004, 10:10
Depends between the Sidecar and the Bucket and the Kart it was about about 20+ on the Bucket and sidecar only about 14 we do meetings at Ruapuna,Greymouth,Nelson and Timaru,sometimes racing both on the same day,and as we race with different clubs sometimes on consecutive days.

And although its not really racing we also do organised trail rides sometimes one a month depending on race dates,once the post classic is up and running I wont be doing any more meetings just more races on the day.

At Greymouth we did 11 races for the day in three different classes and If the bike hadn't broke would have done more

Dave
20th January 2004, 16:33
Auckland champs 4 rounds
Nationals 4 Rounds
Winter series 6 rounds
That pretty much F*&#ks my budget.