Length (in / mm): 174.9 / 4443

Width (in / mm): 74.5 / 1893

Wheelbase (in / mm): 118.6 / 3012

Track (in / mm):

Front: 65 / 1650

RearP 65.5 / 1664

Weight (lb / kg): 4650 / 2109

Bed storage (cu ft / L): 40 / 1133 <o:p></o:p>

Bed dimensions: 5 ft wide x 5 ft long x 1.6 ft deep(1.5 m wide x 1.5 m long x 0.5 m deep) <o:p></o:p>

Powertrain

Engine: 3.5L turbocharged Vortec I-5

Technologies: variable valve timing, variable intake manifold, 2-step variable valve actuation

Turbo intercooler type: air-to-water

Displacement (cu in / cc): 211 / 3460

Horsepower (hp / kw @ rpm): 350 /260 @ 6000

Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ rpm): 350 / 474 @ 3600

Transmission: Hydra-Matic 4L65-E 4-speed auto with AWD

What?
19th January 2004, 18:52
Don't even THINK about adding the running costs for that sucker, Dan.

wkid_one
19th January 2004, 19:06
Fuck who cares - look at the thing.......my god......

Motu
19th January 2004, 20:33
Yeah,but what are you going to do when the Hummer H4 comes out,but you can't get it in the colour to match your new...um...?????

marty
19th January 2004, 20:59
and WHEN you scratched it, who would fix it?

wkid_one
20th January 2004, 07:43
It is called a hypothetical situation guys........

Hitcher
20th January 2004, 10:36
I remember reading an analysis of market depreciation of high-value autos a year or so back and the Hummer won! Value halves in year one. On that basis, buy a secondhand one...
:sly:

wkid_one
20th January 2004, 11:31
I actually wasn't going to buy one at all - but however........

mangell6
20th January 2004, 18:45
How many people would get out of your way - Have you thought about the military version :) :)

You could fit two bikes in the back and whats this about "IF" . . . Rephrase that and say WHEN!!

Besides if you could afford one of these you wouldn't care about depreciation and running costs.

Sort of like bikes really . . . . . .

James Deuce
20th January 2004, 20:34
When I worked for the NZ Army they were in the middle of the procurement process for HUM-Vs. They couldn't buy them because the LTSA wouldn't road register them because with the wing mirrors fitted the military variants were all too wide for our lanes.

More FM's Hummer was taken off the road for the same reason.

I know it's hypothetical but the LTSA is already on to you WKID!

wkid_one
21st January 2004, 06:36
Rubbish - there are already 4 registered Hummers in NZ

Wellyman
21st January 2004, 07:56
Hey There is one up the road form me that is legal and on the road!!!
:2thumbsup

bungbung
21st January 2004, 08:01
I think the legal hum-v is the H2 civilian version which is narrow enough to be legal here. The military version is even bigger...

jrandom
21st January 2004, 08:03
I've seen one trundling around Freemans Bay or thereabouts. However if that was a sample then the 'Hummers' registered in NZ are just that, the civvy SUV version for folk with large wallets and small penises, rather than the actual HMMWV military vehicle.

(Insert obligatory comments about the effectiveness of a pintle-mounted fifty-cal in rush-hour traffic, etc, etc)

James Deuce
21st January 2004, 17:29
I've seen one trundling around Freemans Bay or thereabouts. However if that was a sample then the 'Hummers' registered in NZ are just that, the civvy SUV version for folk with large wallets and small penises, rather than the actual HMMWV military vehicle.

(Insert obligatory comments about the effectiveness of a pintle-mounted fifty-cal in rush-hour traffic, etc, etc)

Thank you sir . I did say the military variants had problems with road worthiness in NZ. I've been taken for a 2 hour ride in the communications model, mostly off road. The times that we did have to use the road the left wheels continually dropped off the edge of the shoulder of SH 1 around Waiouru, to avoid smacking the right hand wing mirror (big truck style one) on oncoming traffic.

Jim2

georgedubyabush
22nd January 2004, 09:08
Thank you sir . I did say the military variants had problems with road worthiness in NZ. I've been taken for a 2 hour ride in the communications model, mostly off road. The times that we did have to use the road the left wheels continually dropped off the edge of the shoulder of SH 1 around Waiouru, to avoid smacking the right hand wing mirror (big truck style one) on on coming traffic.

The remaining vehicles

Jim2

So how was it off road? If youve seen Jackass the Movie, apparantly Henry Rollins completely wrecked the suspension on that one.

James Deuce
22nd January 2004, 09:28
So how was it off road? If youve seen Jackass the Movie, apparantly Henry Rollins completely wrecked the suspension on that one.

A lot less precarious than a Land Rover and definitely more comfortable while being faster. I hate being a passenger off road so I can't say I enjoyed it as such. I can remember thinking how far away my boss looked in the other passenger seat.

I think Henry could wreck the suspension on anything depending on his mindset at the time :)