PDA

View Full Version : Question for scooter riders

placidfemme
31st August 2005, 07:55
Hey guys

I was just wondering... do scooter riders wave/nod to each other like bikers do? I've never seen it so was just curious...

Thanks

hXc
31st August 2005, 08:01
I've never seen it but then again when I see scooter riders I just crack up because they all look so ridiculous(sp?) on those things.

Ba ding ding ding baam ba daam ba daam baam baam weeeeeeoooooooooooo!!!!

placidfemme
31st August 2005, 08:03
I've never seen it but then again when I see scooter riders I just crack up because they all look so ridiculous(sp?) on those things.

lol your not supposed to dis the scooter riders in thier own thread...

I got my ass kicked (kinda) by someone on a neon green scooter yesterday lol...

It overtook me in traffic... and I'm on a 250... Made me feel like a right nana... so I hooned the rest of the way to work lol

White trash
31st August 2005, 08:03

Not half as funny as them drummers ya see hooning around on kids quads......

hXc
31st August 2005, 08:10
Not half as funny as them drummers ya see hooning around on kids quads......

...Not half as funny as watching them old farts that ride GSXR1100 TRYING to do the same. :rofl:
Or listening to a full grown male talk about how cool elephants and swans are but dissing the hell out of dolphins.

placidfemme
31st August 2005, 08:16
lol *is confused now*

enigma51
31st August 2005, 08:25
Nope havent seen them do it at all

Motoracer
31st August 2005, 10:01
Nope, cause most scooter riders in New Zealand don't ride scooters for any other reason than going from point A to point B. They also don't have the whole brotherhood/sisterhood of riders going for them cause quite a few of em are embarassed of their ride, I think.

Then, there are also scooter enthusiasts in NZ who are in it for the ride as well but are very few in numbers. There are some on the site as well. They love scooters just like how we love motorcycles and how car fans love cars etc.

When I was riding a scooter, I used to wear my full gear. I even had big bikes like a CBR1100XX wave to me first and I was on a little Suzuki 50 cc! I used to try to wave at everybody on two wheels (with an engine), including other legitimate scooter riders but only got a wave back from one. He was wearing an Aria RX7 crossair ($1300 helmet) and full Alpinestars gear. He was riding a Gillera something or rather Italian scooter. I asume that he was also a bike rider who happened to be riding a scooter at the time or was a person fully into riding scooters for the fun of it as well.

If you wave at someone wearing jandals and shorts and a t-shirt.. You know that they are not a scooter enthusiast. He/she would probably be riding to the dairy to get some milk and bread while saveing fule costs (which is the only reason he/she would be riding the scooter)..

So yea, just from general appereance you can tell why they ride scooters, and most of them just ride for economical purposes, nothing more...

Motu
31st August 2005, 10:14
But does that mean you have to wave? So what?

texmo
31st August 2005, 13:05
Hey guys

I was just wondering... do scooter riders wave/nod to each other like bikers do? I've never seen it so was just curious...

Thanks
I alwase wave to other scooters, and 80% of the time get a response, every one a an old italian waves back and most motorcyclists wave back, We have 120 paid up members in magnetos and theres like another 100 on the mailing list, so we aint that small.
by the way moto a lot of scooter riders just wear jandals and sandals on the club runs, dont be so sterotypical.

Keystone19
31st August 2005, 13:08
Hey guys

Thanks

There was a girl on a Vespa 125cc at the CBTA course I did a couple of weeks ago and we were out doing our assessment ride when we came around a corner to see two chicks on matching scooters. When they saw the girl on the Vespa in my group they just went nuts - tooting, hollering and waving at each other - she said later that she didn't know them and they were just being friendly...

I dunno, but the instructor sure looked at her funny after that... :rofl:

enigma51
31st August 2005, 13:17
[QUOTE=texmo
by the way moto a lot of scooter riders just wear jandals and sandals on the club runs, dont be so sterotypical.[/QUOTE]

They must be the stupid bunch. I wonder if they are aware that the tarmac dont go "aaah okay your on a scooter so I will be a bit softer when you fall off"

placidfemme
31st August 2005, 13:22
They must be the stupid bunch. I wonder if they are aware that the tarmac dont go "aaah okay your on a scooter so I will be a bit softer when you fall off"

I don't know shit about scooters... or fast they go... but I agree... if it doesn't have pedals you should be wearing protective gear...

But yeah back on topic, I've had one scooter person wave at me.. but they were on one of those big ass scooters that looks like a goldwing lol

mikey
31st August 2005, 13:36
I alwase wave to other scooters, and 80% of the time get a response, every one a an old italian waves back and most motorcyclists wave back, We have 120 paid up members in magnetos and theres like another 100 on the mailing list, so we aint that small.
by the way moto a lot of scooter riders just wear jandals and sandals on the club runs, dont be so sterotypical.

haha world scroter domination here we come....

texmo
31st August 2005, 20:30
Neil from scooteremotion wears them and used to race motorbikes, best rider I know. So im sure he is fully aware of the dangers of coming off. I only ride with my gloves, full face helm, shoes (boots are on order) and a jacket.

John
31st August 2005, 21:52
never met anyone that waved to me when I rode the scooter - sister says they dont either - but I know alot of scooter riders are completely into it, I saw a HUGE group of scooters going along SH1 one day at least 30 or so .

texmo
1st September 2005, 17:47
never met anyone that waved to me when I rode the scooter - sister says they dont either - but I know alot of scooter riders are completely into it, I saw a HUGE group of scooters going along SH1 one day at least 30 or so .
When was the john?

John
1st September 2005, 18:02
When was the john?
last time I did sh1 so about 2/3 months ago I'd say.

texmo
1st September 2005, 18:11
ahh ok cool I rember that im just trying to rember where we went...

skidMark
1st September 2005, 22:33
i give a hi signal to everybiker hardly ever get a responce back from riders of big bikes or scooters ...where is the love...

Fart
5th September 2005, 10:18
Scooters rock !

I used to hoon around on my girlfriends scooter to and from the dairy. :Punk:

Squiggles
5th September 2005, 15:56
most scooter riders i wave to dont wave/nod back.....same with harley riders....

texmo
5th September 2005, 18:29
I just saw six bikers none wavedback the one scooter I saw did. Just finnished the last coat of paint on my bike its gone from green to red.

Motoracer
5th September 2005, 18:44

I missed this before sorry..

Let's just say that I wouldn't wave/wave back to no Sports/superbike/harly/dirt-adventure/scooter/racebike rider who is riding around on a proper ride with jandals and sandals. They have 0 % of my respect and I would never aknoweledge being a part of the same comunity as them.

Tony Rees is like a hero or a mentor figure for me and even him, if he rode around with jandals and sandals on an actual club ride of some sort, I would never look at him the same. He won last years New Zealand Superbikes, so no one has doubts about his abbilities, that's got nothing to do with it.

texmo
5th September 2005, 23:21
Yes, I agree. I tell people every time they come on one of my rides what will happen to them how their toes will be ground down the little stumps and they same with people who dont wear gloves, who wear t-shirts or a jumper I also dont agree with half face helmets but thats life, people are idiots. I have come off a few times now and I know If one of thoes times I wasnt wearing protective gear I would be scared for life.
BTW who is this "Tony Rees" you speak of?

Motoracer
6th September 2005, 01:27
BTW who is this "Tony Rees" you speak of?

That's a proof that NZ needs more coverage for motorcycle race events.

Tony Rees is one of the top riders in NZ. IMO He is by far the smoothes rider out of the lot and I've seen him take out countless wins.

Profile: http://www.mnz.co.nz/rider_trees.aspx

Picture: http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/images/news/3561.jpg

texmo
6th September 2005, 18:14
I used to have a Italjet Dragster 180 scooter. That farkin rocked. Got pulled by the cops for doing rolling burnout up queen Street one night, and Lance Lowe won the Hells Angels wheelie comp on it at Meremere. So I might get another one and show some of you scooter knockers what a scooter can really do.
Get one and come racing speed medic.
Thanks moto

FA50
9th September 2005, 20:55
they do signal eachother but dont dis them the r fukcing cheap on gas

The Beast
31st October 2005, 16:33
Hahaha Motorcyclists wave to me on my Nifty Fifty *The Beast* and i always nod or wave back and laugh because i look like a dick on it. :niceone: