PDA

View Full Version : Ride Thursday 22nd

Firefight
19th January 2004, 14:56
Its going to be :sunny: so Mike L and I are going for a blat down to Kawhia,, latte @ Auto bahn, Papakura south bound first and leave @ 09-00 hours, will wait if texed....

firefight :bye:

duckman
19th January 2004, 15:07
Grrrrrrrr bloody...work.....flippin...bills... grrrr :crazy:

I guess you guys work shifts ..huh??

Firefight
19th January 2004, 16:12
Grrrrrrrr bloody...work.....flippin...bills... grrrr :crazy:

I guess you guys work shifts ..huh??

Yep, but that does not always work to our favour :crazy:

firefight :sleep:

vladi
20th January 2004, 22:57
Yes,im not working.I will be there at 9 00. :msn-wink:
Vladi

Its going to be :sunny: so Mike L and I are going for a blat down to Kawhia,, latte @ Auto bahn, Papakura south bound first and leave @ 09-00 hours, will wait if texed....

bikerboy
21st January 2004, 11:11
:( :bye:

Have a safe ride guys.

Firefight
22nd January 2004, 16:02

Well I said it was going to be fine and it was, we all meet at The Auto bahn, Mike, Craig, Vladi & myself, after a quick chat away we go, Drury, Old GSR, Bombay, Harrisville, Tuakau, Whangarata, Glen Murray, about 20 ks out of Glen Murray, Vladi decided it would be a good day to test the off road capabilities of His R1, despite me offering the use of woodhill. In what can only be described as the save of the year :2thumbsup Vladi, rode across 60m of loose metal (this was not a road), mounted a grass bank, and plowed along about 100 of rough grass land, kept the bike upright the whole time,
(pm if you want to know the speed prior to this off road detour)
After a bit of a rest, change undies, a few high fives, off we go again, next stop Narawghia for coffee, and time to text a few people stuck at work :shifty: :Punk: . Then off to Gordonton, Morrinsville, for lunch, Tahuna, H/w 27, H/w 2, Maramarua, Mangatangi, Kaiaua, Kawakawa, clevedon, Maretai, Whtiford, split up at Wiri motorway on ramp and off to work,, Thanks for the co guys, Vladi, don;t forget to buy that lotto ticket.

Firefight :crazy: :crazy:

slob
22nd January 2004, 16:16
Vladi decided it would be a good day to test the off road capabilities of His R1, Bugger! I would've liked to witness that! :D Might have to skip work next time you have one of these outings!

MikeL
22nd January 2004, 19:57
Another great ride with FF and friends (this is getting to be a habit!). I missed Vladi's spectacular off-road venture because I was number 4 (aka last) and a few seconds behind. But I saw the marks and was mightily impressed. Still don't know what proportion of luck and skill kept him and the bike unscratched.

Didn't make it to Kawhia because of time restraints but there will no doubt be another occasion.

Last mid-week ride for me for a while because tomorrow
(gasp, sob)
I have to go back to...

... (what's that 4-letter word starting with w...?)
:weep:

vladi
22nd January 2004, 22:08

firefight :bye: Got my lotto ticket straight after the ride guys.Still dont now how did i manage to save me and my bike after that corner :shit: I was very very lucky :yes:

See u sunday :2thumbsup
Vladi