PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - scooter $800 - $1000

ManDownUnder
31st August 2005, 12:43
Advice wanted by a guy here at work...

Anyone in Auckland able to help him out looking at scooters... I have no idea about the value for money on the things, and/or what to look for.

Check auction http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=34347372 on Trademe - this look ok to you guys/gals? What kind of money would you expect to pay for this (max $$)?

Anyone out there selling one?

PM me if you can help - big thanks in advance

Cheer
MDU

bugjuice
31st August 2005, 12:44
your bike finally got too much for ya?

texmo
31st August 2005, 13:06
dont even look at trade me if you want a vespa, there a deals in trade and exchange every so often but you have to be quick...

ManDownUnder
31st August 2005, 14:27
your bike finally got too much for ya?

Hell no - I'm hoping for a little something on the side...

Flyingpony
31st August 2005, 17:46
Read the comment:

Witch area in Auckland are you located?

:rofl:

The scooters old mate. Wonder if speedo works because 5k in 10yrs. MMmm.
Wouldn't be worth that much. Can buy them new for $1500.

crashe
31st August 2005, 18:01
I got a mate who owns a scooter... and it hardly ever gets ridden....
got very low km on the clock (probably less than 2000km on the clock). brought new about 4 years ago for his wife..... two babies later and the scooter sits in the garage.
So some scooters do get to sit for ages... with low kms.

Nope his one aint up for sale.. they throw it in the back of the vehicle when they go away for the odd weekend.... He will zap up the road on it to get stuff at the diary etc...

He rode it from Tauranga to Parea for the road race day.... hehehehe said he had fun doing that.... he putted along the road...

So MDU you just may find one like that out there...

El Dopa
31st August 2005, 19:10
I have a 50cc Honda PAL (it was my wifes...honest!) that I was about to put up for sale.

As far as I can tell it is virtually indestructable. She hasn't treated it all that well, but it just keeps on running anf running.

I was going to do it up a wee bit before putting it up for sale (part of the fairing needs gluing up, there is some surface rust on the rear wheel, it needs a pair of new mirrors). However, it's been looked over by a competent mechanic and pronounced fully roadworthy.

If your 'friend' is interested, drop me a PM. I was going to ask $750, which I think is a faiir price.

Antallica
31st August 2005, 19:21
Dang, just sold our Suzi AJ50R for $650.

texmo
31st August 2005, 20:32
Read the comment:

:rofl:

The scooters old mate. Wonder if speedo works because 5k in 10yrs. MMmm.
Wouldn't be worth that much. Can buy them new for $1500.

My lambretta has 6000 on the clock in 43years

FA50
9th September 2005, 20:48
i have a 1991 honda pal mint cond for sale, goes bout 55km/h on flat...