PDA

View Full Version : Chain replacement?

actungbaby
23rd February 2014, 09:19
Hello i have got replacment 5.25 drive chain for my Honda cbr 900rr i never seen chain more worn than one on there rollers slide side

to side . though oiling and ajustemt made it sound leess of a racket .

having to do with mot having the right tools etc chain breaker joiner / (i havent got the money) my mums funneral costs wiped me out.

The bset way i have is to buy joining link for know grind of the old one > the pin heads on one side the link ?

Then join the old chain to the new though i got two second hand sprockets brought with the chain .

I know a solid link is the best way i dont plane doing track days or giving it heaps till get riveted back toghter.

And suggestions for getting old chain of safely . eg grinder with glasses i know you use the flat of the grinding disc not the tip.

caspernz
23rd February 2014, 16:07
If you're gonna do the chain on your own, at least find a buddy who has a chain breaking and joining tool bro...

bogan
23rd February 2014, 16:19
Got a chainbreak/riveter and can whip around to help out...

actungbaby
26th February 2014, 17:13
Got a chainbreak/riveter and can whip around to help out...

Thanks mate sorry about long wait for reply . was sorting a rivet link so Just when you have some spare time

bogan
26th February 2014, 17:28
Thanks mate sorry about long wait for reply . was sorting a rivet link so Just when you have some spare time

No worries, probably be free most of the weekend so flick me a PM on friday or sat if that'll work.