PDA

View Full Version : Cam chain tensioner for a 1989 Kawasaki ZXR250A

Kawasakidude
23rd February 2014, 15:01
Mine rattles lots and I think its past cleaning and adjusting. I am very mechanically minded and am confident in the installation but for the life of me I cant find one anywhere.. any help is appreciated!:wacko:

Katman
23rd February 2014, 15:14
Mine rattles lots and I think its past cleaning and adjusting. I am very mechanically minded and am confident in the installation but for the life of me I cant find one anywhere.. any help is appreciated!:wacko:

If the tensioner is rattling it's quite possibly due to a worn cam chain. Replacing the tensioner will possibly achieve very little.

DanielM8
24th February 2014, 02:45
Tried the wrecking zxr250 on trademe? It's under the motorbikes section on at $500. Can't be much difference between that 94 and your 89 ??

Sent from my iShit using Tapatalk

Kawasakidude
27th February 2014, 21:43
If the tensioner is rattling it's quite possibly due to a worn cam chain. Replacing the tensioner will possibly achieve very little.

yea I know this i have done heaps of research into it and found out the tensioners are liable to stick and fail. Im doing the tensioner first in the hopes that that is the problem as it would get done if I did the chain anyway. cheers.

Kawasakidude
27th February 2014, 21:44
Tried the wrecking zxr250 on trademe? It's under the motorbikes section on at $500. Can't be much difference between that 94 and your 89 ??

Sent from my iShit using Tapatalk

I looked at it but it is so common for these to fail on this engine i figured it would be half shagged allready so I will try to find new if I can thanks