PDA

View Full Version : GN125E The ugly runt. It's not what it is but what it will become!

highspeedhamish
25th February 2014, 17:21
Hi everyone.. as promised (in the newguy portion) the build pics to my recent GN125E purchase. Here she is as it was delivered to me. 330 dollars (CDN). It runs? apparently but I didnt get it started due to no battery at the time and the carb float bowl looked like overcooked stew.

husaberg
25th February 2014, 17:28
Kickaha will be here soon..............:shifty:

Grizzo
25th February 2014, 17:39
Wickety wack. Didn't read your other post but.
What you gonna do with it?

drift77nz
25th February 2014, 18:10
We convert these into Farmbikes at work.

Akzle
25th February 2014, 18:13
We convert these into Farmbikes at work.

i would suspect the frame to be whorrible for that.

drift77nz
25th February 2014, 18:39
They actually make pretty good farm bikes actually. The engines are bulletproof. They have cast alloy wheels now so no spokes to rust. We fit off road tyres, lift the front guard about 2 ", change the bars, change the gearing and fit a few other mudguards etc. They are good for the cow farmers. The low seat is good cause in the mud you can put your feet flat on the ground. Really good for people with short wheelbase's.

Akzle
25th February 2014, 18:54
too low innit. wouldnt get through half the ruts in winter. We dun got hills round here an all.
Longer forks and shift the oil pickup?

drift77nz
25th February 2014, 19:28
We have a heap out there. Never seen one with a smashed sump yet.

Akzle
25th February 2014, 20:03
We have a heap out there. Never seen one with a smashed sump yet.

yeah thats cool. Send one up and ill bet i can fuck it.

drift77nz
25th February 2014, 20:41
Haha. One of those guys.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

highspeedhamish
26th February 2014, 12:50
Wickety wack. Didn't read your other post but.
What you gonna do with it?

Turn it into a mini gp racer style cafe from the 70s... think Barry Sheene.

highspeedhamish
26th February 2014, 12:58
Parts! Some from NZ even!

All new drum brakes (drum!?!) Fork seals, wheel bearings, misc bolts and bits. Turn signals (things need to be legal round here or else..) Brake and clutch levers (not available in Canada anymore) Fuelcock rebuild parts and nicer (newer anyways) shocks.

drift77nz
26th February 2014, 16:55

highspeedhamish
27th February 2014, 15:46

Dealer built this version for you ?

drift77nz
27th February 2014, 16:21
Dealer built this version for you ?

I work for a dealer that modify them.

highspeedhamish
28th February 2014, 12:32
Frame , swingarm, gas tank and triple trees all glass bead blasted down to bare metal. Replacement muffler purchased brand new. Someone welded on a different muffler from a different Suzuki so its getting cut off. The frame and swingarm to powder coated eventually. The gas tank is being reshaped into a more square shape versus the standard tear drop design it came with.

highspeedhamish
1st March 2014, 18:57
Only pic I have (so far) of the gas tank reshape. Used paper board to mock it up and now its done in metal but I haven't been out to the shop recently. Maybe tomorrow. :) Also (awhile back) got the bodywork from a Yamaha YA125 race bike and the corresponding windscreen. :cool:

highspeedhamish
3rd March 2014, 15:59
As promised.. the reshaped gas tank. Its all steel underneath the dura-glass. This will square it up a bunch in order to look retro and match the tail section. The rubber mount is also absent so the tank level is incorrect.

highspeedhamish
11th March 2014, 17:40
Here are the steps taken to reshape the tank. Its only cosmetic and not additional fuel that was achieved. Also, I had to repair the front fender because the previous owner drilled holes in it to put on a mudguard?? eesh.

highspeedhamish
11th March 2014, 17:41
More pics!!

highspeedhamish
16th March 2014, 20:10
Finnally got the skim coat on and blocked out. Ready primer now but have to decide on a color as Im using a tintable primer versus gray /standard primer. The shape turned out great.

AllanB
16th March 2014, 21:00
Looks good :niceone:

highspeedhamish
23rd March 2014, 15:18
Looks good :niceone:

Thank you sir!

highspeedhamish
23rd March 2014, 15:21
Got the gauge bracket and ignition nut back from the chrome shop. The speedo is untouched but I have to replace the plexi window in the idiot /warning lights part. If course I cant get a new one in Canada.. :( The last piece on the right is from my completed Honda CM400T cafe project, its the dust cover for the front caliper.

husaberg
18th April 2014, 20:39
Nothing beats making your own, but i seen this today

skyteam ace 125

I like it and i bet its far cheaper than a Honda Dream 50
I have posted below the 1960's cr110 The Honda Dream and the skyteam 125.

oh you ca buy the tanks and seats etc....http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4527
http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=226

http://www.ooracing.com/store/images/uploads/Body/COMPILATION.jpg
http://www.ooracing.com/store/images/uploads/Body/tank1-underside-11111111111.jpg

richisells
4th May 2014, 23:32
that looks good man but a shed load of work changing the tank shape!, i'm just starting a gn 250 turning it flat tracker so am following your posts with interest.

gammaguy
5th May 2014, 01:12
And of course you are going to big block it....right?

highspeedhamish
5th May 2014, 16:23
And of course you are going to big block it....right?

There is a 144cc piston for it I think.. since this model was one year only in Canada there isnt an aftermarket for it. If anyone has parts links for such pieces please post!

The engine apparently is a solid runner so no need to rebuild it... yet. ;)

Sorry all for the delays in posts been busy getting the other bikes in order for the season (2 on the road now) and trying! to finish my chopper.

The last 2 parts I bought for this little guy is a chain and sprocket set and a Full Spectrum Pulse P1 battery.

Cheers