PDA

View Full Version : Re-colouring leathers...

scooter
31st August 2005, 16:06
Does anybody know if and where you can get a one piece leather suit redyed to another colour. :chase:

vifferman
31st August 2005, 16:15
Does anybody know if and where you can get a one piece leather suit redyed to another colour. :chase:
I don't see why not - you can do it with shoes. Be aware that it's not dyeing - it's sort of a paint finish. There are places in D'Auckland, such as Leather Colouring Company, Leathersmiths, Colorglo, JAE Services, Leather Master...
All advertise recolouring and redyeing.

Smorg
31st August 2005, 16:16

is it pink?

Kickaha
31st August 2005, 16:45
Yes they can change the colour, but last time I enquired I was quoted about $400 to do it, this involved cleaning them first to get any crap (oil,bugs etc)off them, and then dyeing them in the clolur of choice, they said it was quite a labour intensive process

They also said that it is only a surface finish and that if you fell off and scuffed them the original colour would show back through as the process to change colour doesn't penetrate right through like the original process does.