PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: First-aid course for motorcyclists (Date TBA)

rustyrobot
3rd March 2014, 09:58
I had been musing on this idea for a while and I'm setting it up with another group of people that I ride with, but thought I'd see if anyone here was also interested.

I have talked to Wellington Free Ambulance about running a first-aid session which will cover topics relevant to riders on a group ride.

They have confirmed that it will be possible but would need between 10 and 16 people for the training to progress, and it will cost $90 per person. This is a little more than I was hoping, however I am happy to pay this myself for the training I would receive.

The training would both theory and practical, and training would be 3-4 hours.

Topics covered:
- Safe removal of helmet (including when not to)
- CPR (current international best practice)
- Light trauma
- Bleeding
- Fractures
- What kit to carry

If you are interested in attending a course like this please send me a PM. We'll look at dates together once numbers are confirmed.

I'm not associated with Wellington Free Ambulance in anyway and just picked them as a great local organisation that I'd like to support.

rickstv
3rd March 2014, 12:04
I had been musing on this idea for a while and I'm setting it up with another group of people that I ride with, but thought I'd see if anyone here was also interested.

I have talked to Wellington Free Ambulance about running a first-aid session which will cover topics relevant to riders on a group ride.

They have confirmed that it will be possible but would need between 10 and 16 people for the training to progress, and it will cost $90 per person. This is a little more than I was hoping, however I am happy to pay this myself for the training I would receive.

The training would both theory and practical, and training would be 3-4 hours.

Topics covered:
- Safe removal of helmet (including when not to)
- CPR (current international best practice)
- Light trauma
- Bleeding
- Fractures
- What kit to carry

If you are interested in attending a course like this please send me a PM. We'll look at dates together once numbers are confirmed.

I'm not associated with Wellington Free Ambulance in anyway and just picked them as a great local organisation that I'd like to support.

Ulysses and Prorider did one a couple of weeks ago in Auckland. I think it was was subsidised by ACC and only cost $45.00 for the whole day. Well worth it I thought.
Rick.

rustyrobot
3rd March 2014, 13:08
Ulysses and Prorider did one a couple of weeks ago in Auckland. I think it was was subsidised by ACC and only cost $45.00 for the whole day. Well worth it I thought.
Rick.

Hmmm - ACC is a good idea. I'll try to bug someone there about getting some financial support, would be nice to make it cheaper (and therefore more accessible).