PDA

View Full Version : OH OH

zadok
31st August 2005, 22:03
Not long got back from a great day of cycling with six mates from work. Clocked up almost 400km. However, as I was just making my way home I went round a slow right hander and hey presto I'm not on the bike anymore! Much to my disgust I had just gone through a veritable oil slick. The bike isn't looking so pretty anymore. Fortunately I only came out with a hole in my jeans and a scrape on my knee. I rang the cops to complain about the oil slick. Photos attached. Note the oil on the road above the bike.

SPman
31st August 2005, 22:07
Shit - what a piss off! Sorry to hear that mate. You're OK so thats the main thing.
Much damage, or just scrapes?

Blackadda
31st August 2005, 22:08
Bugger! That'll learn ya to live in Peath Oztrailer! I bet the cops were all sympathy ;-(

Zed
31st August 2005, 22:08
Oh that's rotten news Marty, sorry to hear it...and see it! You are fully within your rights to be most angry at the oil-spillager whoever it was. :angry: I hope you can get some compensation somehow?

Big Dave
31st August 2005, 22:11
Pisser. Few days at the shop and it will be good as new.

John
31st August 2005, 22:12
jesus thats a big turn of bad luck - glad your ok - do cops actually care about that sort of stuff over there, in NZ we would call the council file a report and they would clean it months later...

Skunk
31st August 2005, 22:14
Bugger! Do you always ride in jeans? How bad is the 'scrape'?

Blackadda
31st August 2005, 22:16
Don't be so cynical John, you know you'd call the council, get transferred to 5 different departments file 3 reports, in duplicate, then find the council guys leaning on brooms looking at a pot hole next to the oil slick the next day!

zadok
31st August 2005, 22:16
Thanks for the encouragement. Cracked fairing, broken wing mirror, broken foot peg mount, bent brake leaver, scraped pannier.
Comprehensively insured, so should be ok. I wanted to report it to the Police, just in case someone else comes to grief, plus it may help with my insurance, especially the pics.

John
31st August 2005, 22:17
Don't be so cynical John, you know you'd call the council, get transferred to 5 different departments file 3 reports, in duplicate, then find the council guys leaning on brooms looking at a pot hole next to the oil slick the next day!
yes very true, I cant read.

Storm
31st August 2005, 22:38
Bugger! Hope the insurance claiming goes well

Warr
31st August 2005, 23:06
Bugger! Hope the insurance claiming goes well
Hey, hope your injuries heal quick.
Shame to see you new machine with a little rash. Hope your insurance do a good fix.

loosebruce
1st September 2005, 01:13
Unlucky on the off Zadok, one of those hazards i guess, on ya for reprting it in the hope no one else lost it as well, happens so easily.
Hope you get your beast sorted and sparkley again soon.

mstriumph
1st September 2005, 03:54
that's just MISERABLE -------- glad u r alright though - hope the bike gets sorted soon

DemonWolf
1st September 2005, 07:48
Sorry to hear of the spill.. luckily you didn't get too much damage done.. to you or your bike. Good luck with the insurance

BNZ
1st September 2005, 08:01
thats ass.

Sniper
1st September 2005, 08:59
Bugger mate, hope it comes right and you heal up soon

inlinefour
1st September 2005, 09:42
Reckon it was boy racers doing the burn out thing? Reckon there might be a few boy racer cars out there which need to be sold to pay for the damage...

thehollowmen
1st September 2005, 10:03
Reckon it was boy racers doing the burn out thing? Reckon there might be a few boy racer cars out there which need to be sold to pay for the damage...

Nah, I've seen this happen in dunners a few times and followed it. what I saw was an old 4WD that's cracked the engine block and leaking oil like crazy, on other times a honda jazz and a toyota echo, both visably dripping a stream of oil.

Boy racers prefer desel don't they? ya can smell that.

Sorry to hear about the downer. If anything I would follow up the slick before it is cleaned up. Owner probably doesn't know and has caused a few accidents.

oldrider
1st September 2005, 11:23
Some arsehole drops oil on the road. :weird: Cops and anti-bike brigade condemn motorcycles, insurance and ACC raise our costs!!! Bad luck zadok, sympathies. Cheers John.

Biff
1st September 2005, 12:29
What a bitch. Glad to hear that you're ok though.

CPB
1st September 2005, 13:52
Some arsehole drops oil on the road. :weird: Cops and anti-bike brigade condemn motorcycles, insurance and ACC raise our costs!!! Bad luck zadok, sympathies. Cheers John.

Too true oldrider, the port hills was the target a few years back, some twat thought it would be entertaining to put down oil on a corner ot two...I understand there were a number od casualties...criminal...

Glad to hear you're ok Zadok!...it's never nice to see your bike broken though!

zadok
1st September 2005, 18:02
Been to bike shop for quote. Unbelievable. To bring it back to pristine condition, over $7,000. The assessor looks at it tomorrow.

froggyfrenchman
1st September 2005, 19:15
sorry to hear that mate.. hope you sort it all out soon.

zadok
7th September 2005, 10:14
Good news. All repairs authorised. Parts ordered from Eastern States. Should have bike looking good by early next week.
Now ex Japan I'm told....3 weeks :doh:

Sniper
7th September 2005, 11:39
Good to hear mate. Can you post pics of the transformation?

Paul in NZ
7th September 2005, 12:03
Glad you are OK and it's all under control. Bit bloody rough though! Frigging dickheads that drop shit on the road need a good kicking.

Cheers

Big Dave
7th September 2005, 12:38
Good news. All repairs authorised. Parts ordered from Eastern States. Should have bike looking good by early next week. :)

Good one - Toldyaso! Before you know it - it will be an amusing anecdote.

Not that you did personally, but I always say that there is no point getting out of shape about broken machines. They all do it.
Like you did - Assess, analyze and action - it's much better than sobbing in the pretzels.

zadok
21st September 2005, 16:25
Shop just rang. Bike getting repaired and 6000km service on Friday. At last, yay. :D

Sniper
21st September 2005, 16:28
Congrats bud :niceone:

mstriumph
21st September 2005, 16:52
Glad to hear it :2thumbsup

zadok
23rd September 2005, 23:18
I'm pleased to say the GTR is fixed and looking gorgeous again. Now I just have to keep it that way.