PDA

View Full Version : Help! DR 350 CDI - Marlborough

Tazz
16th March 2014, 15:54
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone localish has a DR 350 that they would loan me the CDI from? Just trying to trouble shoot through mine having no spark. It's a 1998 dirt/kicker only model.

Happy to pay freight and all that jazz if some awesome bastard wanted to send one to try, but that's probably being a bit hopeful :laugh:

I'm in Picton/Blenheim.

Chur!

Taz

hayd3n
16th March 2014, 18:21
would a gn250 one be similar?

jellywrestler
16th March 2014, 18:40
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone localish has a DR 350 that they would loan me the CDI from? Just trying to trouble shoot through mine having no spark. It's a 1998 dirt/kicker only model.

Happy to pay freight and all that jazz if some awesome bastard wanted to send one to try, but that's probably being a bit hopeful :laugh:

I'm in Picton/Blenheim.

Chur!

Taz

yeah and if there's another fault cooking CDI's you'll be up for two....

Tazz
16th March 2014, 20:12
yeah and if there's another fault cooking CDI's you'll be up for two....

Yup. 'Break it you bought it'. Glad there is always some helpful bugger on Kiwibiker to state the obvious :laugh:

Happy to fire through a bond if someone is that untrusting...

Tazz
16th March 2014, 20:28
would a gn250 one be similar?

Nah it looks different. At least the wiring is anyway. Mine has a few plugs coming out rather than a socket on the end of it.

Cheers though.

(it's something like this. Will take a pic of the plugs in a min)

jellywrestler
16th March 2014, 20:44
Yup. 'Break it you bought it'. Glad there is always some helpful bugger on Kiwibiker to state the obvious :laugh:

Happy to fire through a bond if someone is that untrusting...

(Next thing I'll have jellywrestler sending me a fawked one claiming I toasted it no doubt.)

just making you aware of what could happen, unlikely but it could be an unpleasant and expensive surprise for both of you...

Tazz
16th March 2014, 21:08
just making you aware of what could happen, unlikely but it could be an unpleasant and expensive surprise for both of you...

Sorry man just thought you were being a dick. Generally expect that on here :bleh:

Thanks for the heads up, aware it is a possibility and would happily replace if I did toast someones (although I've checked it all over. Just got to go through one more time to make sure I haven't missed anything dumb (hopefully I've been thick enough to look over something. Will be cheaper :Punk:))

Bearing the frying in mind, I could send mine to someone if they had a spare 10mins to plug it in and test it? Just want to rule it out. Chur!