PDA

View Full Version : One for Mr Ed.

unstuck
21st March 2014, 09:58
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/09/03/shocking-results-woman-replaces-40-medications-with-raw-cannabis-juice/:bleh:bleh:

Edbear
21st March 2014, 10:34
While I have always manitained my support for deriving medicinal benefits from Cannabis, I will also maintain my personal opposition to smoking it for both the health reasons against smoking and the desire to get stoned.

Notable in the article are two points, a fallacy and a fact. Here's the fact...
"Contrary to popular thought and belief, smoking the cannabis does not assist a great deal in treating disease within the body as therapeutic levels cannot be reached through smoking. Creating oil from the plant or eating the plant is the best way to go about getting the necessary ingredients which are the cannabinoids.

Another aspect of smoking the cannabis that must be looked at is the fact that when the cannabis is heated and burnt it changes the chemical structure and acidity of the THC which changes its ability to be therapeutic. Furthermore, anytime you burn something and inhale it, you create oxidation within the body. That oxidation is not healthy for the body and can lead to health issues itself."

Here's the fallacy...
" the only reason we’ve been made to look at it in a negative manner is because it would threaten multiple industries (including the pharmaceutical industry)."

Pharmaceutical companies have nothing against Cannabis and have always been open-mided about its potential. If they could develop effective meds from it as good as any other for the same or better cost, why wouldn't they do so? They already use millions of herbal remedies from all around the world.

BuzzardNZ
21st March 2014, 10:37
Are you high right now Ed?

Edbear
21st March 2014, 10:39
Are you high right now Ed?

I'm high on life, mate! Far too busy to get stoned on anything!

BuzzardNZ
21st March 2014, 10:44
I'm high on life, mate! Far too busy to get stoned on anything!

Really :gob:, I heard you have a thing for prescription pills :sweatdrop

Edbear
21st March 2014, 10:48
Really :gob:, I heard you have a thing for prescription pills :sweatdrop

As with anybody, I use medicine when it is required. It is unfortunate that I have two medical conditions requiring a variety of medications.

If I didn't have these medical conditions I would happily be drug-free. As both conditions are incurable I take about 20 or so pills per day to keep me both alive and mobile.

unstuck
21st March 2014, 11:06
Smoking it will mess you up, for sure. Very limited health benefits from smoking it. As for the drug companies wanting to use it, more research into the prohibition of it required on your part methinks.:msn-wink: