PDA

View Full Version : scratches

Indiana_Jones
20th January 2004, 19:28
I have quite a little group of scratches on the right hand side of my FXR (the owner before dropped it, some i made myself while i've pratice :msn-wink:)

I was wondering what you could recomend to touching them up, I've looked at turtle wax silver polish with a chip stick, but I was just wondering if you had any ideas.

-Indy

XRNR
20th January 2004, 20:19
I have quite a little group of scratches on the right hand side of my FXR -Indy

Forget them!

If your any good you will get plenty more...

Not what you wanted to hear I guess. (do all the touch up just before you want to sell it).

Indiana_Jones
20th January 2004, 22:35
lol thanks for that insight :D
Well I'm not gonna beat da shit out of it, just gonna go out with mates etc :D

but good idea about before u sell :D

-Indy

Blackbird
21st January 2004, 19:25
If you ever want a pro paint job done, go to Larry at Reflections in Glenfield. He resprayed a fairing panel on my Blackbird. Not the easiest to match as it's translucent candy blue, but he did a perfect job. The man is a god! :Punk:

Indiana_Jones
21st January 2004, 21:37
How much was that man?

-Indy

Blackbird
22nd January 2004, 06:33
How much was that man?

-Indy
From memory, it was about $400. Before you wince, that was all the prep work, primer and undercoat, a metalflake base, several coats of translucent blue, and several clear coats. Money well spent. It was a big side panel too.

There are a lot of sprayers between Tokoroa and Glenfield and no doubt some are very good, but why change when you find someone as good as Larry. It was Cyclespot in Takapuna that put me on to him. :done:

Indiana_Jones
22nd January 2004, 08:43
lol :p
Well thanks but $400 is alot of money for a 7th form student :D
anywayz it's just a few scratches nothing major

-Indy