PDA

View Full Version : NZSBK Round 3 @ Taupo

Mental Trousers
26th March 2014, 23:05
In December I was going to do the Suzuki Series round at Hampton Downs then decide if I wanted to go on and have a stab at the NZSBK round in Taupo this year but, unfortunately, I got bowled by a nasty chest infection followed closely by weeks of neck pain so bad I blacked out at work. So my plan through to the end of March had been ruined but I decided I might as well have a go at the NZSBK round anyway.

At the AMCC round 4 meeting at Hampton Downs I'd run out of preload adjustment at the front and everything needed a general refresh anyway so I drove the bike down to New Plymouth and spent the day at Kiwi Suspension Solutions with Robert and Denis. They changed the fork springs and revalved them, stripped and rebuilt the rear with a couple of changes all aimed at covering me for the next few seconds a lap improvement.

At the AMCC round 5 the bike was significantly better but, because of the better control over the hydraulics the revalving had given, the estimated increase in spring rate meant they were now too heavy so the bike sat up at the front, didn't turn well and didn't turn on the brakes at all. For Taupo turning on the brakes is hugely important as there's 5 corners where you need to be able to do it otherwise you're going slowly....

Click to continue .... (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/entry.php/3557-NZSBK-Round-3-Taupo)

WARNING This one is longer than usual. You'll need to refill your cup of coffee halfway through!!

busadayz
27th March 2014, 04:52
Good on ya Shane. Nice write up.

SPman
27th March 2014, 13:24
Wot he said!

puddytat
27th March 2014, 20:08
Good reading Bro...