PDA

View Full Version : Trailriding buddy

Shaneb
2nd September 2005, 21:15
Hi

I would like to know if there anybody on the North Shore interested in joining me for a trail ride at Woodhill forest.

I go out to woodhill most weekends - normally Saturday. Spend about 3 hours out there. I am a beginner.

I have place the trailer for another bike.

Reply to thread if you are interested in meeting up.

Firefight
3rd September 2005, 06:21
Hi

I would like to know if there anybody on the North Shore interested in joining me for a trail ride at Woodhill forest.

send wellyman a pm, he goes out there a bit.

F/F

Zed
3rd September 2005, 06:51
Hi

I go out to woodhill most weekends - normally Saturday. Spend about 3 hours out there. I am a beginner.

Reply to thread if you are interested in meeting up.If I had a trail bike I'd take you up on that offer thanks! :niceone:

Hmmm, must buy one one day? I've always borrowed mates off-road bikes/gears in the past.

chris
3rd September 2005, 12:54
Hi

Get out to the Waitamata club's family day tomorrow at Woodhill. There is likely to be plenty of beginners willing to ride with you. Ask for Dene at signing on, and ask him if he can help out, or point you in the direction of someone you could ride with.

nzdragon
4th September 2005, 18:29
shaneb i live on the shore. I have been out only twice on my bike, KDX 200. how old are ya?

Wellyman
7th September 2005, 16:10
did somebody call my name!!! I live on the northshore and go riding at woodhill sometimes.would love to do do some riding with a KB'er.Where abouts are you based NZdragon&ShaneB? I shall PM you my details now

WRT
9th September 2005, 16:30
Hi guys, I am planning on being up at woodhill this Sunday, if anyone will be out there. I'm on a CR250, probably taking the car up so if you see a blue legacy wagon with a black trailer, come on over and introduce yourself! Fox gear and a silver/black helmet . . .

WRT
9th September 2005, 16:31
(if I'm not in the car, will be in either a dark blue van or a big fuk-off furniture removal truck . . .)

Wellyman
10th September 2005, 15:36
I'm outta riding at the moment because of my lack of money,girlfriend and exams so I won't be going anywhere this weekend really. I was dragged to the movies today and now I have no money.Life sucks
WM

chris
10th September 2005, 19:34
Hi guys, I am planning on being up at woodhill this Sunday, if anyone will be out there. I'm on a CR250, probably taking the car up so if you see a blue legacy wagon with a black trailer, come on over and introduce yourself! Fox gear and a silver/black helmet . . .
The Dead Forest without bark busters would be interesting.

Wellyman
11th September 2005, 11:18
The Dead Forest without bark busters would be interesting.

The dead forest? I think I have done that track once barely. which way from the carpark is it?

Firefight
11th September 2005, 11:26
The dead forest? I think I have done that track once barely. which way from the carpark is it?

thats the track south west of the carpark, you know the section which runs to the locked access road just off the beach, the one I was on when the bulldozer spat a track a couple of years ago, you know the track where your Dad you and I went looking for a lost bike, follow that round till you get to the center forest road(metal) and its west from there towards the coast.

F/F

chris
11th September 2005, 18:06

As you drive into the left hand side car park, you will see the arrowed track in the far corner on your left. It basically runs parallel to the road you would have just driven down. It is whooped out here, and you can either take the first or second track on the right. Either will lead you into the Dead Forest. It's fairly tight in there, but not too bad. The track back tot he car park is whooped out as well, so you have to like them!!

Wellyman
11th September 2005, 18:16
thats the track south west of the carpark, you know the section which runs to the locked access road just off the beach, the one I was on when the bulldozer spat a track a couple of years ago, you know the track where your Dad you and I went looking for a lost bike, follow that round till you get to the center forest road(metal) and its west from there towards the coast.

F/F

ah... yes now I remember Dave :brick:.
I'm starting to remeber the place now. It has been a while since I have ventured out there for a ride.

WRT
12th September 2005, 14:51
Spent the whole day up there yesterday. Did a run of of most of the tracks, deadwood, convict, out to the superbowl, etc, plus a bit of a blast on the beach. The only one I can think of that we missed off hand was the big dipper, but my rear tires a bit naffed for that sort of activity - it can wait till I have the coin spare for a new set.

Had five of us up there (CR, WR, YZ and KX 250's and a DRZ400), was great fun . . . even tho the sand was deep as, and most of the narrow trails (ie: too narrow for them to groom with the quad) are getting some very exposed roots on them.

One thing that was a bit of a damper tho, the ranger guy was in a real grump. First he thought I was trying to rip him off when I said I had a honda (despite the fact I had just ridden up to him on it), then when my mate went to pay he commented to the ranger that it was great the way you could check to see which of your mates are there already, and got told (his words not mine) to "shut the fuk up and get on with it". Charming . . .

But, didnt let that get us down, and we all had a fantastic day out there.

Wellyman
12th September 2005, 15:00
Spent the whole day up there yesterday. Did a run of of most of the tracks, deadwood, convict, out to the superbowl, etc, plus a bit of a blast on the beach. The only one I can think of that we missed off hand was the big dipper, but my rear tires a bit naffed for that sort of activity - it can wait till I have the coin spare for a new set.

Had five of us up there (CR, WR, YZ and KX 250's and a DRZ400), was great fun . . . even tho the sand was deep as, and most of the narrow trails (ie: too narrow for them to groom with the quad) are getting some very exposed roots on them.

One thing that was a bit of a damper tho, the ranger guy was in a real grump. First he thought I was trying to rip him off when I said I had a honda (despite the fact I had just ridden up to him on it), then when my mate went to pay he commented to the ranger that it was great the way you could check to see which of your mates are there already, and got told (his words not mine) to "shut the fuk up and get on with it". Charming . . .

hmmm..... that doesn'y sound like FF must of been some other guy I can't remeber how many people work at the park.

WRT
12th September 2005, 15:10
Nah, wasn't F/F (thats Dave, right? Met him at the safety training the other week - nice guy, unlike this other fella . . .).

But yeah, think he was just having a bad day or something. He was just a bit short with me when I was there, and it was an hour or two later when he told my mate to shut up, the look on his face when he got back to the car to tell us about it was hard case!

None of us took it to heart tho, we didnt care - hell, we were there to ride! Cant wait till next week . . .

spiller
12th September 2005, 15:16
Ay, the rangers at the park are normally good.

Dead forest is good for a warmup ride, when the arms are a little stiff! Barkbusters arn't a pre requisite tho, just watch your head!.

The big dipper is ok on bung tyres, its just real overgrown. When ya get ya tyres, definitely try it out WRT. near the end after the dipper part is quite neat, mainly because it gets less traffic, so when it opens up there are a few nice fast corners.

If any KB'ers are out @ woodhill and see a black mitsi van there with ELF Racing written all over it, come ova and say hello!

WRT
12th September 2005, 15:32
Hey spiller, will keep an eye out next time I am up there. Deadwood is a nice ride, quite enjoy it, convict is my favourite at the moment tho. As for the big dipper, the last couple of times I have been through there I have really struggled, and with the way the sand was yesterday (really deep and soft) I figured it wouldnt be a good idea.

And the ranger I normally see up there (tall skinny guy) is really good, normally nice and friendly. I think this one guy was just having a bad day - that was the way it came across. And like I say, it didnt overly worry us, we just all had a chuckle about it and went on with our day.

Firefight
12th September 2005, 17:13
Nah, wasn't F/F (thats Dave, right? Met him at the safety training the other week - nice guy, unlike this other fella . . .).

But yeah, think he was just having a bad day or something. He was just a bit short with me when I was there, and it was an hour or two later when he told my mate to shut up, the look on his face when he got back to the car to tell us about it was hard case!

None of us took it to heart tho, we didnt care - hell, we were there to ride! Cant wait till next week . . .

hey WRT, glad you did not let it spoil your day, the wardens are not supposed to behave like that,sometimes things can get on top of them, It can be a shit of a job they get abused for all sorts of things which they have no control over (not defending the way you were talked to) I did the job for 5 years and had more good times than bad.

I will be talking to Gerg Power so I will let him know. Both Gerg and Robyn are always intersted in any feed back re the wardens.

F/F

Psyko
12th September 2005, 20:20

Yeah there is one or 2 wardens that get a grump on but most of them are really nice guys! Especially the south african dude! He's friendly as!

Psyko
12th September 2005, 20:27
Hey i'm out riding woodhill every weekend. Keep an eye out for the noisy teal blue TM-300! Can't miss it, only ever seen 1 other TM out there! And my signature PSYK0 number plate on my car . Come n say hi! I don't bite! Always keen for some others to ride and chat with! It's all about havn a good time ay!

:woohoo: :Punk:

Macktheknife
12th September 2005, 21:40
Hi

Would love to come with some time, must get my kdx back from my brother tho, bastard broke it and says he is fixing it lol. I will let you know when it comes back.

WRT
13th September 2005, 12:28
Psyko - will keep an eye out. Maybe we need an easy way of identifying KBer's from the crowd, getting too many to remember to watch out for now!

WRT
13th September 2005, 12:30
Hey F/F, no worries, none of us got cut up over it. I just figured the guy was having a bad day so its no biggie. We all need to vent every now and again - in fact thats half the reason I go up there - its bloody fantastic stress relief!!

Psyko
13th September 2005, 17:51
Psyko - will keep an eye out. Maybe we need an easy way of identifying KBer's from the crowd, getting too many to remember to watch out for now!

Yeah do that! There's a pick of my bike on my profile!

cheese
2nd October 2005, 00:55
Hey man I just got a bike adn I'm in Glenfield, keen to go for a ride most weekends, so email me pagers@xtra.co.nz or text me on 021 233 59 80

Cheers

Stephen (cheese)