PDA

View Full Version : What are the best Enduro BOOTS ????

Alpha Solo
3rd September 2005, 09:26
What are the best Enduro BOOTS ????

Im looking for a new set of boots for enduros and would appreciate any recomendations.

Ive heard Alpinestars leak ? !

What's the best option ????

Ixion
3rd September 2005, 11:26
What are the best Enduro BOOTS ????

Im looking for a new set of boots for enduros and would appreciate any recomendations.

Ive heard Alpinestars leak ? !

What's the best option ????

All boots leak. You need gaiters. From your firendly local Army Surplus. Mr Scumdog knows where the Christchurch one is.

And welcome.

Motu
3rd September 2005, 12:12
I don't know what enduro riders wear these days,but MX boots have a smooth sole,for getting off and pushing in mud you really need a more grippy tread.There are some adventure and quad boots with the commando sole,but I use my trials boots,these have a flexable sole and will grip to rocks,roots,and collect enough clay to give you 2in platforms.All the top brands are excellent boots,but budget models are budget.Look for good strong easy to use buckles,shifter pad....top of the line have replacable buckles and soles.

Alpha Solo
3rd September 2005, 12:14
Im not too worries about getting wet feet, Im more worried about spending good money on a pair of boots that will fall apart after a couple of rides...

So Im looking for a hardwareing pair of boots that the buckles wont break on etc.

Any recomendations?

Alpha Solo
3rd September 2005, 12:18
I like Glam Rock (and being able to push my bike out of a bog etc!) so what type of trail boots do you recommend?

Alpha Solo
3rd September 2005, 13:07
Hi Motu,

Thanks for the info on boots - what type of trail boots do you use?

Coyote
3rd September 2005, 13:23
Go for metal buckles. Plastic ones deteriate quickly

Alpha Solo
3rd September 2005, 14:36
Cheers Alumbra...

Are the motard wheels 17" Excels?

Motu
3rd September 2005, 14:53
My boots are Gaerne Balance,they are a trials boot,but I use them for everything...trials,trailriding,adventure riding and road riding.

crazyxr250rider
4th September 2005, 12:36
Im not too worries about getting wet feet, Im more worried about spending good money on a pair of boots that will fall apart after a couple of rides...

So Im looking for a hardwareing pair of boots that the buckles wont break on etc.

Any recomendations?
Stylmartin Quad should do the trick.
Thought about steel caped shin high work boots?

James Deuce
4th September 2005, 12:42
StylMartin's will fall apart in two minutes flat. Alpinestar Vectors are what you want.

enigma51
4th September 2005, 13:07
Like someone said (in not so many words) dont go for cheap boots but "brands" that are well known and have steel buckels

crazyxr250rider
4th September 2005, 13:56
StylMartin's will fall apart in two minutes flat. Alpinestar Vectors are what you want.
Vectors are no good for enduro which is my opinion.
Like walking on ice when recovering bike from bog holes ect

Mr Skid
4th September 2005, 18:53
The Tech4 is available with an enduro sole.
I think they're retailing around the $400 mark.

clint640
5th September 2005, 10:26
Stylmartin Quad should do the trick. Thought about steel caped shin high work boots?

Bollocks they will.
I saw them in the mag & thought they looked cool. Went to the shop to have a look & was very disappointed, they are just road boots with a little bit of extra protection, nowhere near as much support as even the cheapest 'proper' dirt boot.
My $40 1980 era "Roger De Coster" Alpinestars are a lot safer, I'm still looking for a better waterproof enduro/adventure boot to replace them with, I might try on some Sidi Discoveries ($$$ though) when I'm in Europe next month, They also look good on paper but no one here stocks 'em. If they're not tough enough I might just get some Tech 4's

Cheers
Clint

James Deuce
5th September 2005, 10:30
I tried Vectors with enduro soles, and the reason I like them so much was they only had 3 clasps, instead of the normal 74.2 billion that seem to adorn other top line boots. Makes it easier to deal with in day to day riding I reckon, but doesn;t give anything away for Enduros.

Sorry about the StylMartin crack. It's just I've had two pairs of Lorica StylMartins peel their coating off fairly quickly.

Mr Skid
5th September 2005, 11:04
overy

Bollocks they will.
I saw them in the mag & thought they looked cool. Went to the shop to have a look & was very disappointed, they are just road boots with a little bit of extra protection, nowhere near as much support as even the cheapest 'proper' dirt boot.
My $40 1980 era "Roger De Coster" Alpinestars are a lot safer, I'm still looking for a better waterproof enduro/adventure boot to replace them with, I might try on some Sidi Discoveries ($$$ though) when I'm in Europe next month, They also look good on paper but no one here stocks 'em. If they're not tough enough I might just get some Tech 4's

Cheers
ClintColemans were happy to get a pair of Discos in for me to have a look at. I recall reading on ADVrider about how the new ones have gone downhill in production standards, no shift pad etc.

Anyway, the distributors have them if a store wants to order them.

On balance, I'd go for the Tech4's though.

Alpha Solo
5th September 2005, 14:43
Cheers all !

Im still confused, I agree with the 'walking on ice' concept - the worst thing is not being able to get grip when you're trying to get ya bike out of a hole.

Also the ankle stability factor is important...

Im gonna go in a local competition in two weeks time and will be in my jandles if I dont make a decision soon!

Keep 'em coming!!!

:hbd:

**R1**
5th September 2005, 16:41
acerbis

had them for 3 years no probs metel buckle....remember you get what ya pay for

Alpha Solo
6th September 2005, 09:13
Thanks all.

Ive been looking at a few other sites and Sidi SRS are coming up well as you can replace the soles (so I can get my local cobbler to put on a commando sole)

Also hearing some good stuff about the Gaerne SG10's.

Good to have a lively debate too!

:devil2:

rogson
6th September 2005, 09:54
I think Gaerne are a good brand.
I'm on my third pair. The previous two did over 10 years each and would have easily lasted longer expect in one case I put them too close to a fire to dry (got really dry!), and the other I got tangled-up with another bikes foot-peg and tore-off a buckle-flap (saved my foot though).

Like all brands they have a range. I have always chosen the relatively more expensive leather (not plastic - too stiff) ones with a stitched sole (as opposed to moulded sole which delaminate).

crazyxr250rider
6th September 2005, 17:49
I tried Vectors with enduro soles, and the reason I like them so much was they only had 3 clasps, instead of the normal 74.2 billion that seem to adorn other top line boots. Makes it easier to deal with in day to day riding I reckon, but doesn;t give anything away for Enduros.

Sorry about the StylMartin crack. It's just I've had two pairs of Lorica StylMartins peel their coating off fairly quickly.
enduro soles? only seen vectors with the nil tread base,
but yeah alpenstars are in the top three I recon.
If you got the $$$

SDU
7th September 2005, 13:32
I have been using MGax boots for trail riding, can't find the model of them but they are not MX boots they are trail boots and have good tread on them for mud, they are softer than MX but comfy. They are holding out well, had them for a couple of years now.
The other half likes his Gaernes but only got them a few months back.
Have you checked out Superiors? If they don't have it out front ask, they may have something hiding out back or on its way in. they will get what you want in normally too.
Good luck in the hunt.
SDU

Wellyman
7th September 2005, 21:00
I run O'Neal boots, have been for some time now. easy and comfy all weather.They have grown on me really at first i didn't really like them.
my work sells cheaper boots by Forma or something the look really good I will be getting some when my boots get to the end of their lives