PDA

View Full Version : Who replates 2-stroke cylinders & barrels?

crispy
10th April 2014, 06:57
Hey all, after reading various things regarding 2 stroke motorbikes they all need top end service/rebuilding at various hours. With this in mind if has scratch marks in it but still within tolerances is it best to replate the cylinder or replace the barrel?? Just cost effectiveness is the key here, I've been offered a 96 kx250 which has a starting issue and I don't mind doing a rebuild as all the mechanical work as far as replacing parts etc will be done by me

Akzle
10th April 2014, 08:51
Hey all, after reading various things regarding 2 stroke motorbikes they all need top end service/rebuilding at various hours. With this in mind if has scratch marks in it but still within tolerances is it best to replate the cylinder or replace the barrel?? Just cost effectiveness is the key here, I've been offered a 96 kx250 which has a starting issue and I don't mind doing a rebuild as all the mechanical work as far as replacing parts etc will be done by me

depending how hoary, a tickle with the hone could work. Otherwise new barrel.

Yow Ling
10th April 2014, 09:56
NZ Cylinders in Ashburton does them, Ignore axle you cant just hone a nicasil barrel.