PDA

View Full Version : KeriKeri: Accommodation required please!

MyGSXF
11th April 2014, 00:25
Hey ya'll

My son is starting his Chef training at the Culinary Institute on Monday :2thumbsup & requires board for 2 nights a week (at this stage it's looking like Mon & Tues nights.. this may change?). He lives up on the KariKari Peninsula.. but with him being a brand new Restricted Licence holder (as of today!!!!) & me being a worried mummy 1200kms away :violin: I do not want him driving 3 hours a day, 3 times a week.. until he gets a lot more supervised driving practice under his belt!!!! :nono:

My idea is for him to drive down to the CI Mon morning.. stay in KeriKeri Mon & Tues nights... then drive back up North Wed afternoon, after class finishes.

Jess is 18 & an awesome young man! (as many on here who have met him over the years can attest to!) He's well house trained, & used to doing dishes!. he doesn't smoke or drink or have any other bad habbits.. (except maybe talking through movies... :doh: ) Ideally, he needs a meal at night, shower, bed & breakfast, for 2 nights.. (for a reasonable price.. as he is only on a student allowance pittance....)

Is anyone willing, or knows of someone, who might be willing to take my first fledgeling under their wing.. this mummy bird would be most deeply grateful indeed! :not:

please either pm me.. or call/txt 027 2015 064

Cheers muchly!!!

Jen :niceone:

unstuck
11th April 2014, 05:41
The Maori village across the bridge from the store has some good huts to sleep in, and it's free.:niceone:
He would have share with the mice though.:msn-wink:

george formby
11th April 2014, 15:55
If all else fails there are a couple of good backpacker hostels in Keri that might do a deal. IIRC there is a Aranga park down Kerikeri road, close to the towns flesh pots & the other is just past Marsden estate heading towards the airport, Hideaway Lodge.

I used to ride from Carrington to Paihia, it can be done much quicker but don't tell your son. Oh, that's anecdotal..

We just turned the spare room into a storage depot so cannae help.

Akzle
11th April 2014, 16:41
if he doesnt mind the rotting hookers he can borrow the caravan.
Not drinking or smoking?? Spose thats what you get for giving him a girls name.

MyGSXF
14th April 2014, 22:15
If all else fails there are a couple of good backpacker hostels in Keri that might do a deal. IIRC there is a Aranga park down Kerikeri road, close to the towns flesh pots & the other is just past Marsden estate heading towards the airport, Hideaway Lodge.

I used to ride from Carrington to Paihia, it can be done much quicker but don't tell your son. Oh, that's anecdotal..

We just turned the spare room into a storage depot so cannae help.

Thanks for that :niceone: I've emailed Aranga, & have a phone number for Hideaway to try. Do you know maybe a family in the area who might take on a boarder? Cheers

george formby
15th April 2014, 09:41
Thanks for that :niceone: I've emailed Aranga, & have a phone number for Hideaway to try. Do you know maybe a family in the area who might take on a boarder? Cheers

Not off the top of me head. Will ask my G/F. She has more friends than me.

Akzle
15th April 2014, 15:12
Will ask my G/F. She has more friends than me.

yeah, we ALL know...iykwim.

MyGSXF
20th April 2014, 01:24
Not off the top of me head. Will ask my G/F. She has more friends than me.

Letting ya know... we found a place for Jess to board, via CINZ :niceone: