PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Ducati 999s

smithmZXR
12th April 2014, 14:53
Ducati monoposto 2003 999s.

The 999s is an iconic bike. Ducati's V-twin. The Testastretta twin of the 999S is different compared to the standard 999 thanks to the use of more advanced materials. The difference includes a super lightweight crankshaft and specifically designed titanium con rods, all of which are key parts that make for significant increases in terms of power output. “The engine changes have released an extra 12bhp and a tiny bit of torque, but the numbers tell only a fraction of the story. It's the way the power is released that does it. It's actually very easy to describe. You open the throttle hard and the bike accelerates so fast that the speedo can't keep up.” Also the upgrade to Ohlins suspension (single shock and upside-down forks) fitted all round including a steering damper (all of racing specification).

2003 model with the top fairing modified by a previous owner to resemble a 2005. First registered in 2005.

Low km's. Lots of carbon fibre touches all over the bike. Aftermarket race pipes fitted and wrapped. Brembo brakes. Warrant until 31/01/2015, registration until 23 May 2014. Comes with Ventura pack rack and grab bar. Ducati service done at 10,000ks (over $1,000 spent including a full service, have receipts). Battery optimizer fitted. Marchesini forged wheels, both tyres almost new (with Ducati caps). Comes with the original Ducati black key and code / red key. Always garaged, very well maintained. Original parts included.

Left hand side fairing has damage near base due to exhaust heat. There is small cracking on right hand side wing mirror which was present when I purchased the bike. Bike has always been a monoposto to the best of my knowledge.

madmartin
14th April 2014, 04:18
Ducati monoposto 2003 999s.

The 999s is an iconic bike. Ducati's V-twin. The Testastretta twin of the 999S is different compared to the standard 999 thanks to the use of more advanced materials. The difference includes a super lightweight crankshaft and specifically designed titanium con rods, all of which are key parts that make for significant increases in terms of power output. “The engine changes have released an extra 12bhp and a tiny bit of torque, but the numbers tell only a fraction of the story. It's the way the power is released that does it. It's actually very easy to describe. You open the throttle hard and the bike accelerates so fast that the speedo can't keep up.” Also the upgrade to Ohlins suspension (single shock and upside-down forks) fitted all round including a steering damper (all of racing specification).

2003 model with the top fairing modified by a previous owner to resemble a 2005. First registered in 2005.

Low km's. Lots of carbon fibre touches all over the bike. Aftermarket race pipes fitted and wrapped. Brembo brakes. Warrant until 31/01/2015, registration until 23 May 2014. Comes with Ventura pack rack and grab bar. Ducati service done at 10,000ks (over $1,000 spent including a full service, have receipts). Battery optimizer fitted. Marchesini forged wheels, both tyres almost new (with Ducati caps). Comes with the original Ducati black key and code / red key. Always garaged, very well maintained. Original parts included.

Left hand side fairing has damage near base due to exhaust heat. There is small cracking on right hand side wing mirror which was present when I purchased the bike. Bike has always been a monoposto to the best of my knowledge.

I'll swap you my holden ute for it

smithmZXR
14th April 2014, 10:09
Thanks, but after cash. I think you have already offered a trade via TradeMe?

Cheers.

Mike

madmartin
14th April 2014, 12:37
yep that's me, my sick fascination with owning too many Holdens is only surpassed by my sick fascination with owning lots of Ducati's :clap:

smithmZXR
26th April 2014, 00:08
Bump, still for sale. Open to offers. Cheers.

madmartin
26th April 2014, 09:36
same offer applies! :bleh:

smithmZXR
30th April 2014, 19:32
New bike has arrived. Bike dropped to $10,999 for now. Open to offers. Pretty reasonable price for a 999s. Cheers

hayd3n
30th April 2014, 19:42
what no pictures?

smithmZXR
30th April 2014, 20:08
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-721077330.htm might help...

madmartin
1st May 2014, 19:14
that 999 would take up much less room in the shed than my ute... you know you want a ute