PDA

View Full Version : Good place in Christchurch for a WOF?

KX500
13th April 2014, 09:48
Found garages been to only do car and trailer WOF's

Cheers

HenryDorsetCase
13th April 2014, 10:01
Roydvale testing station might be worth a call. they are open Sundays too

http://www.rvts.co.nz/

pete-blen
13th April 2014, 10:01
Found garages been to only do car and trailer WOF's

Cheers

I take my bikes/car to Mclean Motors in Sockburn... arcross from the Springs road intersection..
open 7 days... it's a privately owned testing station type outfit.. that do oil changes as well...
WOF & oil change for the car $100 while yer wait.. WOF for the bike is $40..
they do miner part replacement to get it to standard if required...bulbs/wiper blades etc...

SMOKEU
13th April 2014, 10:03
I use McLean Motors. The usual guy who does bike WOFs there is nice and friendly and enjoys having a chat while doing the WOF. The other guys are rude and won't let you anywhere near the bike while the WOF is in progress. I guess it all depends on who you get on the day, but they are quite fair which is why I keep going back.

pete-blen
13th April 2014, 10:16
I use McLean Motors. The usual guy who does bike WOFs there is nice and friendly and enjoys having a chat while doing the WOF. The other guys are rude and won't let you anywhere near the bike while the WOF is in progress. I guess it all depends on who you get on the day, but they are quite fair which is why I keep going back.

yer seen the 2 old HD militrey bikes he has hiden out the back... with Rotax 600cc motors..gready prick won't sell one....:no:

neels
13th April 2014, 11:46
If you're out northish these guys do bike wof's, got my last 2 done there, probably need to book it in though.

http://www.cranfordstreetgarage.co.nz/

Mushu
13th April 2014, 14:39

I usually go to McLean motors too, they are quick and still thorough (I got a bit nervous when they pulled out the db meter last time I was there turns out the exhaust on the DR is right on the limit) but I was in and out in about 15 minutes.

SMOKEU
13th April 2014, 16:01
Whatever you do, never go to any of the On the Go branches, I've dealt with 3 of their branches and every time they're a bunch of fuckwits who fail vehicles for whatever reasons they feel like making up, even if they're contrary to the latest VIRM applicable for the vehicle in question. What's even worse is that they then give the 'fail' inspection sheet to the receptionist to give to the customer, instead of actually having the inspector talking to the person who brought the vehicle in to explain what's wrong, a suitable fix, and to answer any questions that may arise. Extremely poor customer service from On the Go.

imdying
14th April 2014, 10:11
Roydvale testing station might be worth a call. they are open Sundays too

http://www.rvts.co.nz/
I don't think the motorbike guy does Saturdays :(

neels
14th April 2014, 19:33
I don't think the motorbike guy does Saturdays :(
I think it varies from week to week depending on who draws the short straw for the weekend.

imdying
14th April 2014, 22:16
Nice.

20 chars

mulletman
15th April 2014, 15:45
Bayliss Motors Gasson st near Brougham $35 , not between 2 - 2.30pm (smoko)

KX500
1st May 2014, 15:29
Plenty of Choices, Cheerz All :cool:

flashg
7th May 2014, 14:32
If you're out northish these guys do bike wof's, got my last 2 done there, probably need to book it in though.

http://www.cranfordstreetgarage.co.nz/

i went there today (was booked in) Garry is the man, fast and no problems. XT660 Tenere has Arrow mufflers and maybe a little loud (not to loud) may not quite pass db test, he has a tester but said it sounds fine. Garry used to do warrants behind BP marshland rd but had to move when it was rebuilt." Recommended"