PDA

View Full Version : Clutch safety switch?

Mike.Gayner
14th April 2014, 19:37
Because I'm a retard I managed to break the clutch switch on my GSX750. Not really a problem because I was probably going to disable the switch anyway. Who keeps/disposes of this switch? I don't really see the point in it to be honest - the bike won't start in gear with the stand down anyway, so it seems to me that the probability of you causing any havoc without it is minimal.

In fact, come to think of it, I'm not really sure why Suzuki bothers with this switch anyway.

edit: Re-typed because, once again, I'm a retard. Meant clutch switch, not neutral switch.

caseye
14th April 2014, 20:02
Yes well, as one who's clutch or stand switch didn't work when he accidentally hit the loud button and subsequently damaged a friends bike as well as his own. I for one would never disable it.

neels
14th April 2014, 21:00
Never seen the need for one, drz has one but it's more of a pain in the arse than anything, makes starting the thing a 2 handed operation.

After several years of having bikes with neutral lights that only work intermittently, I do tend to pull the clutch in when starting anyway though, just in case.

flashg
20th April 2014, 20:00
on Yamaha's you don't need to pull in clutch to start unless it's in gear (no power to start button when in gear)