PDA

View Full Version : Bike gear prices?

Pit
19th April 2014, 00:21
Hi All
I'm from Europe and moving now to New Zealand. I would like to know what the "price pain barrier " for high quality and safety motorcycle clothes (Like Kevlarjeans ) in New Zealand is. This because I work in this industry and I like to now if I should up something like that in New Zealand too.
Thanks and safe ride
Pit

yevjenko
19th April 2014, 16:10
The kiwi version of eBay is trademe.co.nz have a look around on there. Also look on fastbikegear.co.nz at their pricing.

I can't really answer your question as everybody has a different price pain point.

Bear in mind that N.Z. is a small market, so prices are generally higher than Europe or the U.S.

sent from my phone (so scuze auto correct typos)

Hitcher
19th April 2014, 17:37
New Zealand is so small and our economy so weak that even if there was such a thing as bike gear here, we wouldn't be able to afford it.

FJRider
19th April 2014, 22:28
Hi All
I'm from Europe and moving now to New Zealand. I would like to know what the "price pain barrier " for high quality and safety motorcycle clothes (Like Kevlarjeans ) in New Zealand is.

Free is good ... :whistle:

"High quality and safety" in the same sentence as "Kevlar Jeans" ... that's original ... :lol:

This because I work in this industry and I like to now if I should up something like that in New Zealand too.
Thanks and safe ride
Pit

What good is riding safe if you're trying to sell us "High quality and safety motorcycle clothes " .. (Like Kevlar Jeans .. ??? :scratch:)

Did you recall I mentioned ... free is good ... ??

Akzle
19th April 2014, 22:36
pakistani's my bet. Paying 3:1 ahead of the mombasan embasy (uh... Hi to the sas, and whoever els gives a shit. Fuck, is that a drone i see...)and your dead nairobian uncle.

yevjenko
19th April 2014, 22:37
And it begins...

Tazz
20th April 2014, 11:44
Send your own gear over when you leave if you've already got it.

caspernz
20th April 2014, 14:42
Hi All
I'm from Europe and moving now to New Zealand. I would like to know what the "price pain barrier " for high quality and safety motorcycle clothes (Like Kevlarjeans ) in New Zealand is. This because I work in this industry and I like to now if I should up something like that in New Zealand too.
Thanks and safe ride
Pit

If you ride a Harley and a Beemer you shouldn't need to indulge with riding apparel that doesn't have that brands logo already on it. And just as an aside, Kevlar jeans and safe riding apparel do not belong in the same sentence, at least not in my book.

yevjenko
20th April 2014, 15:40
I think the op is wondering about setting up shop in nz to sell bike gear

FJRider
20th April 2014, 16:10
New Zealand is so small and our economy so weak that ...

I think you've got that the wrong way round ... :shifty:

awa355
20th April 2014, 17:11
A range of safety gear prices you would expect to pay in Nz.

Jandals $5.00 ( Warehouse )

Singlet $9.95 "

Shorts $14.99 "

Sunnies $15.00 "

Helmet $50.00 ex trade me.

Not a lot of change from 100 bucks.

caspernz
20th April 2014, 21:12

Better still, he's looking to supply one of us with his "quality" safety gear so we can sell it for him...:nono:

yevjenko
20th April 2014, 21:15
Yeah that's not gonna happen

Tazz
20th April 2014, 21:21

Yeah I'm just making sure everyone knows how retarded I am in case they've forgotten.

Read it as he is moving to NZ and should he bring his gear first or buy here first time around.

Unless you're willing to put your money where your mouth is (as in really commit), bulk ship and be very competitive on price and not expect to make money back on your investment very quickly, NZ ain't the market for you haha We're just too small.

MVnut
20th April 2014, 21:28
Gee the guy asks a simple question and gets shit about it, give him a break. As the first reply said, look on trademe.co.nz for comparisons

Berries
20th April 2014, 22:43
Kevlar jeans and safe riding apparel do not belong in the same sentence, at least not in my book.
In my book they are overkill. Each to their own.

GrayWolf
25th April 2014, 18:37
Hi All
Thanks and safe ride
Pit

If you want a comparable quality gear, look up Teknic, Spool, Spidi, Ixon etc (one trademe supplier sells UK Buffalo gear). You'll then have an idea of the prices of quality gear here.
Comparable is by degree's though.. You are coming to a land where a 'business executive' car can cost half the price of a cheap house, but compared to the UK, houses are damned cheap. Bike gear? Bloody expensive, often 'questionable' quality IMO for the price Vs income comparison.

AllanB
25th April 2014, 19:26
Expensive in NZ - not surprising as we have bugger all motorcyclists on a population percentage basis.