PDA

View Full Version : Full Exhaust fouling plugs?

discodan
21st January 2004, 22:18
Well I finally got my full exhaust and after consulting the previous owner and the shop that I took the bike to, to install my full Arrow system, they assured me that it wouldnt need re-jetting and that it would run fine. Infact the previous owner had installed an identical system on this bike and he said that he checked the plugs and they were fine.
Anyway thismorning I started the bike and noticed it was idling funny, when I came to a hill I noticed the bike was gutless so I pulled over and did a quick check and I found that there was a small leak coming from the 1st cylinder. However after a while the bike just fired into life and it was back to normal. My guess is that one of the plugs was fouled up and then it came right.
My question is: could my new exhaust be wrecking my bike as it has not properly been tuned in yet?

Mooch
22nd January 2004, 23:35
discodan ,
Would pay you to checkout the arrows site , Not sure if the link below is the same system as yours .It suggests moving needles rather than re-jetting which is similar to what the dealer has told you.I'd get it tuned sooner rather than later if it were me.

http://www.arrow.it//oggetti/Kawasaki%20ZX-6R%2098-99.pdf

discodan
24th January 2004, 17:40
Yea thanks Mooch, I am trying to get a hold of a dyna jet, jet kit and a k&n filter and then I was going to tune the whole lot up at once to save costs. I was hoping to have them already but I will just have to keep an eye on it until I get them.