PDA

View Full Version : First bike

Hey...

Been lurking on here for around six months or so now, getting a handle on how things work in NZ for bikers.

Looking at getting my first bike now I've moved here... I've got a full license from the UK where I passed my 500cc test meaning I can ride anything (legally anyways).

The bike I've got my eye on is http://redbaronmotorcycles.bikepoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=837919&TabID=5640&Alias=redbaronmotorcyclesNZ

Obviously quite a lot of power for a starter rider, but I'm like 6'4" and 20 stone (about 126kg), so that kinda rules out a small bike.

Anyone here used Red Baron before? What is the general idea of the ZX9R from 95, and is there anything I should look out for?

Cheers guys,

sels1
4th September 2005, 21:42
Welcome aboard the site.
Use the search function for info on anything to do with licences etc, its been posted several times. Good luck with buying a bike

cantridetosavemylife
9th September 2005, 11:18
i used red barron once for a 10 speed i bought, great service but they wouldnt rub my feet, i guess you cant have everything.

zadok
9th September 2005, 11:26
I'm like 6'4" and 20 stone (about 126kg), so that kinda rules out a small bike.
Sounds like quite a challenge to find the right bike that will suit your size. I'd be interested in seeing what you settle on. Perhaps a cruiser style would be the most comfortable.

Postie
9th September 2005, 11:27
i used red barron once for a 10 speed i bought, great service but they wouldnt rub my feet, i guess you cant have everything.
what the fuck are you talking about????

cantridetosavemylife
9th September 2005, 11:30
what the fuck are you talking about????

pretty simple, i went there bought a 10 speed then asked if they would rub my feet, i mean it is a normal request, all i wanted is a foot rub before i used my new bike,

hay postie you wanna rub my feet

outlawtorn
10th September 2005, 14:06
pretty simple, i went there bought a 10 speed then asked if they would rub my feet, i mean it is a normal request, all i wanted is a foot rub before i used my new bike,

hay postie you wanna rub my feet
dude you are such a dick! Just stop it please, life's too short for the kind of shit you are dishing out.

Sounds like quite a challenge to find the right bike that will suit your size. I'd be interested in seeing what you settle on. Perhaps a cruiser style would be the most comfortable.

Well I'm not sure really... I've got my eye on an R1 or ZX9R at some point in the not too distant future.

Had a look at a couple of bikes today, tried a ZZR 750, but found it to be too high, then had a look at a ZX4R, that is fairly small, but fast enough to move my bulk around, so I'm thinking that's what I'll aim for. :Punk:

zadok
11th September 2005, 09:37
You mentioned a couple of Kwaka's there I see. A guy I know who is over 6', settled on a ZX9, as it was the most comfortable for him.

trev
11th September 2005, 10:32
Obviously quite a lot of power for a starter rider, but I'm like 6'4" and 20 stone (about 126kg), so that kinda rules out a small bike.

I'm 102 kgs & 6'0" and my ZX9R is my first bike for 30 years & I've found it great. As I stated in another post I wouldn't buy pre. 1998 tho.
Also check www.bikepoint.co.nz for available 9R's