PDA

View Full Version : RR-Reubix

Reubix
5th September 2005, 07:16
Hey folks. My names Reuben. Yeah, newbie. My Dad is Rainbow_Wizard. You know, the one with the Voxan. Anyway, I'm 14 and planning on getting my Learners Motorcycle next year. I have an attraction to the CBR250RR, amazing bike. But Dad sais that a 125 will do me fine for a first on-road bike. I'm sorta here to gain experience, listen to stories, and get some good advice from the elders of the rider scene. I am also adept at making little movies with the computer. If any of you want me to make you a moving avatar of about 9 seconds of that movie just PM me. Cheers guys, seeya.

James Deuce
5th September 2005, 07:35
With an attitude like that, and Rainbow Wizard for a Dad, you'll do OK :)

Welcome to the site mosquito.

old farts
5th September 2005, 08:01
Welcome Reubix to the site :ride:

Mitch
5th September 2005, 08:36
Hi Ruebix

Welcome to the site, watch out for these guys or they will try and corrupt your wonderfully impressionable mind!!!!

xx

crashe
5th September 2005, 09:02
Welcome.... start saving now for the "L" license, your first bike and all the right riding gear....

ManDownUnder
5th September 2005, 09:21
Hey welcome along - Love the name.

Hope you have fun!
MDU

zadok
5th September 2005, 09:24
Welcome Dude. :ride:

crshbndct
5th September 2005, 14:13
. I have an attraction to the CBR250RR, a

i think this is what happens to a lot of younguns.. find out what your allowed legally. find out what is the absolute best in that range... fall in love with it.

i agree with your dad, get a smaller bike.

mstriumph
5th September 2005, 14:22
Good intro..... hiya and welcome!

[listen to your Dad, save hard and get the bike that best suits your size, personality and pocket :Punk: ]

Smorg
5th September 2005, 14:30
you'll get bored on a 150...................well i did anyway but welcome to the site :Punk:

CPB
5th September 2005, 16:32
welcome to the site...Dad's probably right...although my first bike was an RGV250 two smoker...and I was an old man when I started out...older, wiser, more co-ords...NOT!!! LOL

ZorsT
5th September 2005, 19:09
Your dad is right, a CBR would be too much for a learner (like you or me)

I comprimised with dad (he wanted me on a 100) and got my RG150, its a great bike, i really recommend it.
a 250 single would be okay, but learner bike hold their value really well, so having 2 bikes until you get your full isn't a horribly bad idea. with a 125 you will be :zzzz: very quickly, especually if it is a 4-stroke.

Hope this helps :)

DemonWolf
5th September 2005, 19:14
Welcome to the site =)

Reubix
5th September 2005, 21:34
Cheers guys. Yeah the only thing that I was told by another oldie-rider was the resale value for a 250 is decent enough that you don't loose too much cash when it comes to buying a bigger bike. The latest motorcycle in the shed (Or the only one) is a good old XR80. And it's lasted me for about 5 years now, great bike. I'm hoping to use the funds from that to go towards purchase, gear, petrol, etc. But you guys are right. A 125-150 would suit me fine. Ha! Better than having a Suzu FA50 as a first :scooter:

LB
6th September 2005, 03:43
Hi there Reubix - welcome to KB. Nice to meet you (and your Dad) on Saturday.

Reubix
7th September 2005, 19:05
Great to meet so many peole who I've already met! Thanks guys. I wont be too active (homewrork) on the forum. But I'll check back often!

enigma51
7th September 2005, 19:15
Hey folks. My names Reuben. Yeah, newbie. My Dad is Rainbow_Wizard. You know, the one with the Voxan. Anyway, I'm 14 and planning on getting my Learners Motorcycle next year. I have an attraction to the CBR250RR, amazing bike. But Dad sais that a 125 will do me fine for a first on-road bike. I'm sorta here to gain experience, listen to stories, and get some good advice from the elders of the rider scene. I am also adept at making little movies with the computer. If any of you want me to make you a moving avatar of about 9 seconds of that movie just PM me. Cheers guys, seeya.

Welcome and listen to your oldman he knows what he is talking about at least most of time :ride:

Scorpygirl
8th September 2005, 18:10
Yes, welcome, welcome matey and I hope you enjoy a long time with the KBers!! :ride:

thehollowmen
8th September 2005, 18:43
Welcome.
I felt like I was getting bored with 250cc single, although I didn't find much more comfortable because of the height issues.

If you went for a 125 or higher twostroker you might be up for some fun, but I dunno about four strokers.. you'd get bored after you got your confidance up pretty quickly, even with 250cc.

limbimtimwim
8th September 2005, 19:28
If you went for a 125 or higher twostroker you might be up for some fun, but I dunno about four strokers.. you'd get bored after you got your confidance up pretty quickly, even with 250cc.
Not entirely true. I stuffed around in getting off my learners licence for far to long. So I am still on my 250, and I'm not bored. Sure, it runs out of easy to access zoom at 90, but once I find some corners..
Though I am just about to start hotting this sucker up. :-) . But I wouldn't be bothering if I didn't have another year I shouldn't really have on my restricted.

Reubix
9th September 2005, 20:52
Well, I still have 305 days 3 hours and 7 minutes to ponder this question

Back Fire
12th September 2005, 01:37
Don't know if this helps but I'm just moving up from a 125cc 4-stroke and a 250cc 2-stroke to a CBR250RR, the only real difference I have found is the CBR pulls much harder than my stroker. The extra torque is fun but it still ain't as fast as a stroker 250....

Reubix
8th September 2012, 23:04
21 years old, married, and now got a job in the Army...

...Finally got a bike! :woohoo:

Pretty bloody bizarre reading back on my thoughts and ambitions 7 years ago! Looking forward to getting back in touch with the community, especially since I need a bit of help!

Cheers
Reubix

Edbear
9th September 2012, 07:01
21 years old, married, and now got a job in the Army...

...Finally got a bike! :woohoo:

Pretty bloody bizarre reading back on my thoughts and ambitions 7 years ago! Looking forward to getting back in touch with the community, especially since I need a bit of help!

Cheers
Reubix

What with? Marriage, Army or bike? :laugh:

Reubix
9th September 2012, 09:19
Heh heh! The bike in this case! Marriage and jobs aren't what you think about as a 14 year old...Just toys :scooter:

tigertim20
9th September 2012, 10:37
haha welcome back. I didnt even realise that this thread was old until you mentioned it!

what did you get in the end?

Reubix
9th September 2012, 17:48
haha welcome back. I didnt even realise that this thread was old until you mentioned it!

what did you get in the end?

I ended up with an '85 Honda Rebel. Nice bike, slow and easy - my kinda style to start out with to be honest.

But of troubles getting it a warrant though.. Probably shoulda been a bit more paitent and read the thread on 'dos and donts of buying a motorcycle'.

tigertim20
9th September 2012, 18:01
I ended up with an '85 Honda Rebel. Nice bike, slow and easy - my kinda style to start out with to be honest.

But of troubles getting it a warrant though.. Probably shoulda been a bit more paitent and read the thread on 'dos and donts of buying a motorcycle'.

nah fuck that, get elbows deep and do some learning. You appreciate a bike alot more when you have put some effort into it, plus you can learn to fix stuff yourself!

ProTuned
22nd September 2012, 14:02
It doesnt matter if you start even on a 50cc. You will still have fun, its all in the mindset.

caseye
22nd September 2012, 16:41
K so what sort of help "young fella" is required on this good ol Nonda rebel.

Sable
22nd September 2012, 17:13
What everyone else has been saying - go with the RG150! Cheap, vaguely comparable to a CBR250RR in terms of quickness, mechanically simple and quite economic. And reliable, for a 2 stroke anyway.