PDA

View Full Version : so who filled up today?

bugjuice
5th September 2005, 09:40
just outta curiosity...

related to this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=16559) thread...

and I know most of it is crap, but just curious

Sniper
5th September 2005, 09:49
I see all the Holden clubs are doing it :devil2:

bugjuice
5th September 2005, 09:55
Holden clubs? they own gas stations, don't they..??
well, today, there will be less holdens on the road since they're all starved for fuel.

SARGE
5th September 2005, 09:56
just outta curiosity...

related to this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=16559) thread...

and I know most of it is crap, but just curious

You know.. a better way of getting attention would be a nationwide work stoppage..happens all over Europe

Skunk
5th September 2005, 10:11
Can someone who has thought this through explain to me HOW this will achieve anything... I can't see it myself. What they don't get on Monday they will get on Sunday or Tuesday.

Don't see how that will really make a difference to the Govt who are gaining an extra third in tax, due to the price rises, without giving the country any relief.

stify
5th September 2005, 10:16
You know.. a better way of getting attention would be a nationwide work stoppage..happens all over Europe

Well I started my protest a month ago....trouble is I'm using more gas riding me bike around on these fine winter/spring days than I did driving to work,
oh well never mind not much of a protest :rofl:

Motu
5th September 2005, 10:16
Just been into the service station to get some coffee....no cars.They don't care,they'll pick it all up tomorrow.

Postie
5th September 2005, 10:18
Can someone who has thought this through explain to me HOW this will achieve anything... I can't see it myself. What they don't get on Monday they will get on Sunday or Tuesday.

Don't see how that will really make a difference to the Govt who are gaining an extra third in tax, due to the price rises, without giving the country any relief.

i don't see how it will work to bring the prices down, but some one made a point to me yesterday when i was arguing that point. If people do it and don't buy gas today, it will at least send a message to the govt or the gas companys that people are pissed off and they want to do something about it. Everyone who has a brain knows that it won't make a difference, but at least its making a stand, albeit a weak one.
Gas is a consumer product, if they charged $5 a litre, we would still all by it, we have to.

vifferman
5th September 2005, 10:29
That's exactly what 'an oil company representative' said in THe Harold this morning in response to the email that's circulating urging people to not fill up today. He was right. :yes: Especially if apathetic peoples like me don't do anything because they think it's a waste of time trying to get either the Gubmint or the GangOfFour to take notice.

So I filled up on the way to work. I wasn't about to take the bus or car, and the flashy blinky bar thingie (technical term) was getting on my nerves. After 390 miles of twisting roads on the weekend, I figured some petrol would be a good idea. By the way - it was nearly $1.80/litre for regular in Coromandel. (I was :nono: by the pillion/navigator/co-pilot for not filling up in Thames...)

bugjuice
5th September 2005, 10:32
remote places like the coromandle will get hit harder, cos the price of gas goes up at the pump, but then they need to burn fuel themselves to get it there in the first place, so it goes up even more!!

I heard on the radio, that Shell are making their 96 cheaper (up to 5¢ cheaper than other high octane fuels) for a wee while, I think for the next week..

Supermarkets will cave soon, so food etc will go up to compensate too

James Deuce
5th September 2005, 10:37

Yep, that or my idea of everyone taking Public Transport which would have the same net effect, and you could honestly say that you tried to get to work, but there wasn't any room on the bus/train until 8pm in the evening.

I'm going to run a sausage sizzle at the local bus station.

Hitcher
5th September 2005, 10:44
I see all the Holden clubs are doing it
A "Holden club"? The mind boggles. Is that like a Skoda club but with no crimplene suits and better beer?

**R1**
5th September 2005, 10:53
Well my boss pays for my car and gas, and i ride a bike, so i couldnt giv a toss.....:zzzz:

Lou Girardin
5th September 2005, 11:34
Well my boss pays for my car and gas, and i ride a bike, so i couldnt giv a toss.....:zzzz:

Excellent. Voting ACT too?

Fryin Finn
5th September 2005, 11:47
I told you I never fill up on a Monday (almost never) :hitcher:

**R1**
5th September 2005, 12:12
Excellent. Voting ACT too?Cant be arssed voting, they are all wankers, we should have successful business men running the country not lying politicians....non of them could run a cake stall let alone a country...

Wolf
5th September 2005, 14:26
Should've filled up - stomach's growling something fierce and I'm light-headed and I've got no cash to buy a belated lunch or breakfast. Have to wait til after I've walked home.

Lou Girardin
5th September 2005, 14:44
Cant be arssed voting, they are all wankers, we should have successful business men running the country not lying politicians....non of them could run a cake stall let alone a country...

Businessmen did run the country in the '80s. Douglas and Prebbles mates, the Business Roundtable. A couple of them bought the NZ Rail network for $1.00.

Wolf
5th September 2005, 15:11
Businessmen did run the country in the '80s. Douglas and Prebbles mates, the Business Roundtable. A couple of them bought the NZ Rail network for $1.00.
Valid point. Politicians are quite capable of screwing us enough as it is - it would be a lot worse if it were people who actually knew what they were doing and understood how to manipulate money...

**R1**
5th September 2005, 15:48
Valid point. Politicians are quite capable of screwing us enough as it is - it would be a lot worse if it were people who actually knew what they were doing and understood how to manipulate money...Only if they had a vested interest in screwing us over, if we paid them a salary and rewarded them for acheiving set targets....awe fucked if i know, im happy the way its all going at the mo, it costs me fukal to ride my bike around, my car and costs are free, my kids are well edumicated:hitcher: (better than me anyway) and i earn good coin, i have a house, and a healthy disregard for others less fortunate....perhaps im a bad person:devil2: ....i think i will leave the voting for those that care
Im of the opinion we make our own fortune/misfortune not the politicians or anyone else

strayjuliet
5th September 2005, 17:40
Personly i think the only way we as consumers will get any auction about the high prices of near everything is not by having 1 day with no this or that, its gonna take more than 1 day to get any attention. I'm sure i'm not the only person who thinks like this but, ok lets just say no one in new zealand buys petrol on monday the gas station will make up for it on sunday or tuesday but if nobody brought fuel for a whole week, ie: monday through to monday. Then im sure the petrol stations would feel it hit their pockets. :dodge: thats just my view.

justsomeguy
5th September 2005, 17:42
I filled up yesterday - $27 to fill up a ZZR250 on 91oct.

Magua
5th September 2005, 19:17
I filled up yesterday - $27 to fill up a ZZR250 on 91oct.

Faaaaaark, how big is your tank?

loosebruce
5th September 2005, 20:00

He didn't tell you about his mad fit when he went running round the petrol station spraying everyone with gas and that his ZZR only took $2.00, the price increase's are really getting to some people. Its maddness i tell ya.

I didn't fill up today, noticed i blew both fork seals though, cant think why.

WINJA
5th September 2005, 21:30
I HEARD THE GAS STATIONS ARE GOING TO RECIPROCATE AND NOT SELL GAS ON A RANDOM DAY NEXT WEEK , WHOS FUCKED NOW?
YEAH I FILLED MY FREE CAR WITH FREE GAS , I DONT CARE IF IT REACHES $3 A LITRE , MIGHT MAKE SOME CUNTS CATCH THE BUS TO WORK ,NOT GO TO THE BEACH ON THE WEEKEND INSTEAD GOING SHOPPING AT THE LOCAL MALL BOOSTING THE ECONOMY.
ANY ONE WANTING TO FILL UP WITH MY FUEL CARD , THE PAINT BRUSHES ARE READY

sanchez
5th September 2005, 22:07
I HEARD THE GAS STATIONS ARE GOING TO RECIPROCATE AND NOT SELL GAS ON A RANDOM DAY NEXT WEEK , WHOS FUCKED NOW?
YEAH I FILLED MY FREE CAR WITH FREE GAS , I DONT CARE IF IT REACHES $3 A LITRE , MIGHT MAKE SOME CUNTS CATCH THE BUS TO WORK ,NOT GO TO THE BEACH ON THE WEEKEND INSTEAD GOING SHOPPING AT THE LOCAL MALL BOOSTING THE ECONOMY.
ANY ONE WANTING TO FILL UP WITH MY FUEL CARD , THE PAINT BRUSHES ARE READY

You company guys do know if your boss is paying more for fuel, the bonus might be a bit smaller this year?

WINJA
5th September 2005, 22:12
You company guys do know if your boss is paying more for fuel, the bonus might be a bit smaller this year?
I DONT GET A BONUS I JUST GOT IT FACTORED INTO MY WAGES , THAT WAY WHEN IM BAD I STILL GET PAID GOOD :rofl:

justsomeguy
6th September 2005, 18:52

Honestly - I put in about $25.XX in the morning - rode nearly 300kms during the day and put in $26.65 at night. That was nearly 18 litres at $1.52 a litre.

**R1**
6th September 2005, 19:06
You company guys do know if your boss is paying more for fuel, the bonus might be a bit smaller this year?I could always just leave the engine running at night, it would be kinda like a pay rise:rofl: and i dont think my boss gives a toss he still wants to give me a B4 next year..

myvice
6th September 2005, 19:20
Tank of gas and I'll paint ya roof!
Can anyone loan me a tanker for a little while?

raster
6th September 2005, 19:49
Only if they had a vested interest in screwing us over, if we paid them a salary and rewarded them for acheiving set targets....awe fucked if i know, im happy the way its all going at the mo, it costs me fukal to ride my bike around, my car and costs are free, my kids are well edumicated:hitcher: (better than me anyway) and i earn good coin, i have a house, and a healthy disregard for others less fortunate....perhaps im a bad person:devil2: ....i think i will leave the voting for those that care
Im of the opinion we make our own fortune/misfortune not the politicians or anyone else

I agree R1A, gives everyone something to moan about, I just glad I've got a bike for work now instead of my 2T Subbie.

Anyone want to buy a Subaru. :woohoo:

GR81
6th September 2005, 19:55
cost me $20 to fill the bike from empty today... i remember when $20 would almost get me a tank of gas in my car... not even 2 years ago :(

raster
6th September 2005, 20:02
Those were the days before the war@#@#%$@#$

DON'T MENTION THE WAR :dodge:

Lou Girardin
8th September 2005, 08:34
So much for 'don't fill up day', another 3 cents per litre rise.
The excuse this time is to maintain profit margins and due to "demand".
Now, I'm an economic illiterate, but I thought that if crude prices were falling, demand is slowing.
And the profit margin reason is a goody, the oil companies own 80% of the refinery, they adjust margins between there and the pump as they wish.
This is happening against a background of a rising dollar and falling crude prices.
Aust has just had their first rise - 10c per litre. But real competition means that you can buy fuel for between $1.25 and $1.39 in NSW.
I'm going to start asking for a kiss when I fill up.
I liked to be kissed when I'm being fucked.

Sniper
8th September 2005, 08:50
I'm going to start asking for a kiss when I fill up.
I liked to be kissed when I'm being fucked.

Dont go anywhere near BP on Edgeware Rd if you are like that. Besides, you didnt strike as a person with those tendancies :devil2: :rofl:

Lou Girardin
8th September 2005, 08:53
Dont go anywhere near BP on Edgeware Rd if you are like that. Besides, you didnt strike as a person with those tendancies :devil2: :rofl:

I'm not, this is rape.

Sniper
8th September 2005, 08:56
I'm not, this is rape.

So should I bend down and touch my toes when Uncle helen comes around?