PDA

View Full Version : 5/09/05 Ride to Omaha/Wellsford

Zed
5th September 2005, 20:56
I took some annual leave today and went to see my Dad who lives in Wellsford. On the way I took some pics as I journeyed past Whenuapai airbase, venturing up to Omaha Beach for a bit of ocean air on the way through.

The day went really well with the exception of my Dad backing into my bike and knocking it over! O well, the crash bung worked well and now there's a small dent in one of my shiney stock mufflers. :doh:

Hope you had an enjoyable day at work!

Zed
5th September 2005, 21:00
I took some pics as I journeyed past Whenuapai airbase, venturing up to Omaha Beach for a bit of ocean air on the way through....some more pics

Antallica
5th September 2005, 22:54
Blimey that is one sexy black machine you have there.....

Damn, can't decide between the nekkid Bandit 1200 or the Bird :Punk:

Zed
6th September 2005, 07:57
Ahh gutted for you Matt. Nice day for it tho, quick strop up to Omaha. Guess you cant really take it out on your old man either, he must feel stink.Yeah he felt like a prize dork but I played it down and hid my true emotion...family is more important than man made machines.

I had a great traffic-less run back down SH16 at 5.30pm last night, 50mins from Wellsford to Hobsonville ain't bad going eh! :ride:

Zed
6th September 2005, 08:05

Damn, can't decide between the nekkid Bandit 1200 or the Bird :Punk:I can't speak for the Bandit Ant, but Bird owners throughout the world that I have been in contact with all have the same testimony - one awesome all round motorcycle!

Here's a comparison (http://www.motorbikes.be/en/compare/2856/1924/) for you.

zadok
6th September 2005, 09:17
Bike looks really nice there Matthew. Sorry to hear about the slight mishap. Good attitude but. :clap: :ride:

Pixie
6th September 2005, 10:42
Yeah he felt like a prize dork but I played it down and hid my true emotion...family is more important than man made machines.

I had a great traffic-less run back down SH16 at 5.30pm last night, 50mins from Wellsford to Hobsonville ain't bad going eh! :ride:
Don't tell anyone about SH 16 on a week day! It's a secret!

Lou Girardin
6th September 2005, 11:52
I can't speak for the Bandit Ant, but Bird owners throughout the world that I have been in contact with all have the same testimony - one awesome all round motorcycle!

Here's a comparison (http://www.motorbikes.be/en/compare/2856/1924/) for you.

Why bother? It's apples and oranges.

Zed
6th September 2005, 12:29
Why bother? It's apples and oranges.On closer examination there are some huge plus's for the Blackbird, having nearly twice as much torque is one of them, not the mention the extra fuel capacity and far better researched aerodynamics!

The choice 'shouldn't' be difficult after a test ride.

Time to upgrade Lou. :msn-wink:

Smorg
6th September 2005, 13:10

Damn, can't decide between the nekkid Bandit 1200 or the Bird :Punk:
I hope your not being serious......................i never knew there was a comparison the "bird"hands down mate