PDA

View Full Version : Bike Insurance - who is the best

cornholio
6th September 2005, 08:26
Hi

please forgive me if this information is elseware on the site =)

I am almost set for using my bike but I need to get the bike covered
it's a GSXR 250cc, can anyone point me in the direction of some good companies that I should look at.

Str8 Jacket
6th September 2005, 08:30
When I first got my bike the cheapest Insurance for me (being on a learners licence) was with Star Insurance - full comprehensive cover for $350 a year. Apparently standard(ish) cost for most 250cc bikes . . . . 09 250 6000

enigma51
6th September 2005, 08:38
Try doing a search on insurance you will find lots of info

Jonty
6th September 2005, 08:38
Try Golightly Insurance ChCh (underwritten by Vero). I think full insurance on my CBR is about $500 a year which is not to bad for a reputable insurer.

Aitch
6th September 2005, 08:50
Hi

it's a GSXR 250cc, can anyone point me in the direction of some good companies that I should look at.
Good no claims bonuses for grown ups....

duckman
6th September 2005, 09:09
I just got some very cheap insurance through a member of this site. Try PMing CibbyChick, I'm sure Rach will be able to help. :psst:

bugjuice
6th September 2005, 09:18
just doing the same thing myself. I called 20 companies, just waiting on two to get back to me (cibby chick could help). Was gonna post up the results if it's of any interest

Keystone19
6th September 2005, 09:23
just doing the same thing myself. I called 20 companies, just waiting on two to get back to me (cibby chick could help). Was gonna post up the results if it's of any interest

yeah, that would be really helpful Buggy! Thanks!

bugjuice
6th September 2005, 09:26
yeah, that would be really helpful Buggy! Thanks!
k, as soon as I hear back from the other two (and give my current insurer a chance to screw me), I'll post up what I got..

cornholio
6th September 2005, 11:31
k, as soon as I hear back from the other two (and give my current insurer a chance to screw me), I'll post up what I got..

Thanks for your help everyone =)

jahrasti
6th September 2005, 12:34
I rang up Kiwi Bike (0800 629 253) and found them exellent and through Swan were alot cheaper than other companies that I tried.

scooter
6th September 2005, 19:50
I have found Classic Cover to be very reasonable. They advertise in Kiwi Rider. Keen to see 'bugjuices' results before recommitting to insuring the new 10 with them though. When do you think you will be posting those quotes bugjuice dude????

bugjuice
6th September 2005, 20:02
just waiting for one more to come back, then call my current insurer to see if they can do better, then I'll make a new thread on it all..

Cibby
6th September 2005, 20:25
I just got some very cheap insurance through a member of this site. Try PMing CibbyChick, I'm sure Rach will be able to help. :psst:

haha cheers for this, i deal with Star Insurance and Classic Cover,

The good thing about these guys is that they cover the "rider improvement days" out at puke etc...

Good luck... oh and bugjuice.. your putting me under pressure here!! haha keen to see your results as well!!!

zeRax
6th September 2005, 21:10
pissing in the wind here, can i have fzr400 insured and covered while riding it on my learner licence :P?, if not, who needs insurance anyway! booooooooo

Cibby
7th September 2005, 07:46
pissing in the wind here, can i have fzr400 insured and covered while riding it on my learner licence :P?, if not, who needs insurance anyway! booooooooo

:hitcher:

oh dear.. if you were clever enough to get some schmuck to give you ins in the first place then it is likely that any claim would be declined as you were riding "outside the conditions of your licence" and the insurance co would argue that you having a more powerful bike would have contributed to the accident.. blah blah.. sooo.. if your gonna ride your FZR400 then i wouldnt bother, :nono: but its just the risk u gotta take aye..

zeRax
7th September 2005, 08:56
ya, stranger stuff has happened thou, like people getting acc after they got hurt while doing something illegal, cause after all , it was an accident that they got hurt wasnt it, they ment to succeed in their illegal activity without getting injured - sigh :\

laRIKin
14th September 2005, 20:48
We are thinking about getting insurance on the Guzzi's and my KTM640.
Because Serowdownunder in going to ride the MKIII, she wants to be
covered. (because she does not want to face me with a busted bike)
So I may insure the lot.

Did a search on this site and lot seem to like Swan. But the MKIII is too old
so they are not interested.
AMI are to dear.
Star looks good. Has any one used them? Any feed back at all on them.
And are waiting for David Golighty for, or on behalf of Vero to reply.
And I (SDU) has not found Classic Cover yet.

Now we have 4 bikes, 2 on road only and 2 dual sports bike.
So It's going to cost :crybaby:
So the Vero cross? dual? cover may be the best for us.
Unless someone can think up with a better solution for us.

Rik

Rumble
14th September 2005, 20:51
Hi

I think i was paying about $334 / yr for full cover on a learners for a '90 Gixxer thru National Auto Club. I also have my car there.

I still have the policy but the bikes long gone, will swap it over to my ZXR once its on the road.