PDA

View Full Version : Who stocks Alpinestar and Arlen Ness leathers in New Zealand???

Two Smoker
6th September 2005, 20:49
Hey everyone...

Well as many of you know, my leathers have been well and truely scrubbed in... so it looks to be time for some new ones... The leathers im specifically looking at are Arlen Ness and Alpinestars... Who stocks these in NZ??? And better yet, who does good deals of these two brands in L.A. and Santiago???

Cheers :niceone:

James Deuce
6th September 2005, 20:51
Motorad do Arlen Ness.

Ring Kerry and tell him Jim Walsh sent you. 048025127

HDTboy
6th September 2005, 20:55
Motomail have some of this stuff

Big Dave
6th September 2005, 20:56
Hey everyone...

Well as many of you know, my leathers have been well and truely scrubbed in... so it looks to be time for some new ones... The leathers im specifically looking at are Arlen Ness and Alpinestars... Who stocks these in NZ??? And better yet, who does good deals of these two brands in L.A. and Santiago???

Cheers :niceone:

I think Eurobike Wholesale import Alpine Star, and Whites Powersports is the Arlen Ness importer. Whites bring in some jackets - not sure - but I think it's just these three. Prices are probably out of date by now too.

Right Charlie
6th September 2005, 21:09
I brought an Arlen Ness Riding jacket from Cycletreads on Saturday, they dont have the leather range in stock but might be able to sort somthing out...

Very impressed with the jacket, Now its time to save up for some track gear.

Two Smoker
6th September 2005, 21:10
Cheers for the quick replies... Im also wondering what leather suit (one piece) i should look at getting from Alpinestars, and from Arlen Ness???

My plan of attack is to have a look and see what things look like in NZ, then buy them in LA (if it works out cheaper)...

Most of you know my riding, the leathers, for the majority, are going to be used on the track with the odd road blast... From Alpinestars im leaning towards the Racing replica suit, SX-1 or TZ-1...

Suggestions???

Sniper
6th September 2005, 21:39
Whats the average price of leathers?

James Deuce
6th September 2005, 21:42
eleventy-nine

Sniper
6th September 2005, 21:45
eleventy-nine

Cool but cant I get them cheaper at nine-eleventy

mattt
6th September 2005, 21:48
Whats the average price of leathers?

Shit load of skin if you don't got decent ones....

Sniper
6th September 2005, 21:49
Looking for a serious answer guys

James Deuce
6th September 2005, 22:12
$800-$1500 for a one piece.

$700-$1200 for a two piece.

sorry

Sniper
6th September 2005, 22:13

Thanks Jim

sorry

You will be :devil2:

Sparky Bills
6th September 2005, 22:15
Crown Kiwi Enterprises import Alpinestars,
We hold a few in stock.

What exactly were you looking for??
You know Ill do ya a sharp deal. :Punk:

Suney
6th September 2005, 22:32

sorry
No way you can get alpinestars for that price. Maybe if you imported from the overseas.
I was quoted like $2400 for the tz1 2 piece suit like 4months ago :psst:

James Deuce
6th September 2005, 22:35
No way you can get alpinestars for that price. Maybe if you imported from the overseas.

He asked about a generic price for an average set of leathers. Not Alpinestars.

I'm sick of people assuming I speak out of my arse. At least I can read.

Sparky Bills
6th September 2005, 22:37
You'd be looking at least $1200-$1400 for Alpinestars.

Two Smoker
6th September 2005, 22:39

Ive priced up (retail in the USA) a Race Replica for $(NZ)2400 and a SX-1 for $(NZ)1400

WIll PM you later Martin :niceone:

Sparky Bills
6th September 2005, 22:41
WIll PM you later Martin :niceone:

Sweet dude.

Sniper
6th September 2005, 22:43
Suney, read my question and then Jims answer. Please use your brain before opening your mouth

Suney
6th September 2005, 23:43
Sorry.....

k14
7th September 2005, 09:59
I've been looking at this site here: http://www.motorcycletoystore.com

Seems to be pretty good, they sell alpinestars and you can get a pretty decent one landed in NZ for about $1500 or so, alot cheaper than over here. But the suit I have my eye on is this one here. (http://www.motorcycletoystore.com/sport/view_product.php?product=MOTHWDBX15&PHPSESSID=18a1becd4f15288a0ccfce66057e4d26) At the current exchange rate it would cost $1200 +GST (in NZ dollars) to get over here. I'm not 100% sure on the brand but the eye logo and that other star sorta one is on it and I'm pretty sure they are arlen ness. I haven't been able to find much info on the net about it, but its made of kangaroo skin so sounds pretty good to me.

Big Dave
7th September 2005, 10:22
I'm sick of people assuming I speak out of my arse.

But it would be SOME ventriloquist act.

Lou Girardin
7th September 2005, 10:55
My plan of attack is to have a look and see what things look like in NZ, then buy them in LA (if it works out cheaper)......

Suggestions???

Why don't you get Colemans to get them in to try on? I'm sure they won't mind you buying elsewhere. :rofl:

R6_kid
7th September 2005, 12:39
Yo TS whats gonna happen to your old set? You're about my size, i'm probably gonna be needing a set to get me started when i get my arse into gear and on to the track.

got some belpak ones coming soon but they are more for road riding than racing.

Motoracer
7th September 2005, 12:52
Cheers for the quick replies... Im also wondering what leather suit (one piece) i should look at getting from Alpinestars, and from Arlen Ness???

My plan of attack is to have a look and see what things look like in NZ, then buy them in LA (if it works out cheaper)...

Most of you know my riding, the leathers, for the majority, are going to be used on the track with the odd road blast... From Alpinestars im leaning towards the Racing replica suit, SX-1 or TZ-1...

Suggestions???

Hey Chris, contact Andy1 for the Alpinestars leathers. He might be able to hook you up with a deal.

Madmax
7th September 2005, 12:57

Suggestions???
I got a TZ 1 suit bloody well made top kit

dawnrazor
7th September 2005, 13:32
haldanes in auckland, have a big range of alpinestars leathers, boots and gloves and currently have a 20% off sale on the boots. Nice looking stuff as well.

James Deuce
7th September 2005, 14:21
Sorry.....

NooooNoNonoNo

That's not how you play the game!! You're supposed to retort in kind, and tell me that everything I say smells like arse, so why should you listen to me!

No hard feelings Suney.

*sic
7th September 2005, 14:41
it sucks but yea you can get a 2 peice suit of alpinestars over from teh states at under half the cost of getting it here! thats even including shipping and GST tax! (if you get stung at customs)

only have to wait 8-10 days and its at your door!

i wish we could get decent prices here i would rather give my cash to a NZ stockist.. but money talks

Biff
8th September 2005, 14:03
You're supposed to retort in kind, and tell me that everything I say smells like arse, so why should you listen to me!

Can I play?
How about you look like an arse, and if I wanted an arseholes opinion I would have farted? :eyepoke:

Sniper
8th September 2005, 14:27
No hard feelings Suney.

I had a hard feeling when I woke up this morning

James Deuce
8th September 2005, 14:36
I had a hard feeling when I woke up this morning

You been dreaming of Liz Shaw again?

That's it BIFF!! :Punk:

Sniper
8th September 2005, 14:38
You been dreaming of Liz Shaw again?